Office of Campus Safety
Thrive in safe spaces.
We’re here for you.
The Office of Campus Safety works to promote and provide a safe living, learning, and working environment for all members and guests of the Albion College community.
Call us in an emergency.
For any on-campus emergency, dial 0911 immediately. Our goal is to keep you safe, so we work hard to teach the preventative skills you need for personal safety and emergency preparedness. Find out more here.
And find a list of important numbers here.
Call us for a ride.
Whether you need an escort for walking across campus after dark, or a ride to the Albion bus or train station, we have multiple solutions to get you where you need to be, when you need to be there. Safely. Find out more here.
And register as a van driver here.
Register for a parking permit.
Avoid a ticket under your windshield wiper—and the charge on your student account. Make sure you get a permit for any car you bring on campus, whether it’s yours or a guest’s. Learn more about permits here.
Because Albion is a residential college, students must reside in College housing. Even though there is a sense of safety when living closely with one's peers, be sure that you do not allow anyone - students or non-students - to exploit that environment. The vast majority of crimes in the residence halls involve theft of personal property.
Almost always, the theft is from an unlocked room or an unattended common area. YOU CAN prevent these "crimes of opportunity."
Security Measures in the Residence Halls
1. Do not prop open residence hall doors—even for a friend.
2. Lock your door when you leave—even for a short time.
3. Lock your door before going to sleep.
4. Lock windows that are accessible from outside.
5. Keep your small items of value, such as wallets, purses, money and jewelry out of sight.
6. Participate in Operation Identification—engrave all valuable items with your driver's license number. Call Campus Safety for information.
7. Do not leave notes on your door announcing that no one is in the room.
8. Never loan out your keys or ID card.
9. Report any persons acting suspiciously in and around the residence halls. Note their description and location and call. Campus Safety immediately.
10. Report any doors, locks or windows in need of repair to your resident assistant or Campus Safety.
11. Report all thefts immediately to Campus Safety.