Giving you the Opportunity to Program for your Campus!
The primary purpose of Liberal Arts at Play (LAAP) is to enhance student social life and well being at Albion College by providing supplemental financial support to programs (activities/special events) that offer fun, creative and innovative opportunities for students.
LAAP programming grants are available to student groups officially registered at Albion College as well as organized groups of students interested in planning social programs.
- Primary focus of the program is to enhance the social life and well being for Albion College students.
- Program is open to all Albion College students.
- Preference for programs that take place on campus.
- Programs are non-alcoholic in nature.
- Quality of application (clear, detailed, well-written).
- Evidence of sound financial planning and a realistic marketing plan.
- Preference given to groups and organizations that collaborate on the program.
- Project is carefully thought out and well planned.
- Creativity and innovation must be shown through bringing new types of programming to Albion’s campus.
- Grants will be awarded only to programs to which all persons have equal access without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, or sexual orientation.
- Applications must be submitted at least 10 days prior to your event in accordance with the application due dates. No funding will be given to activities held prior to review of application.
- A reasonable and realistic budgeting process must be in place for the program.
- All groups must have a faculty/staff program advisor.
- In general, grant awards will not support full funding of any program. Applicants must demonstrate efforts to secure funding beyond this grant program. Exceptions can be made to this on a case-by-case basis.
- LAAP does not fund programs in which there is an intent to make a profit (i.e., charging excess admission fees).
- LAAP does not fund programs in which money is donated to charitable causes or individual organizations (i.e., fundraisers, sorority philanthropy, etc.).
- Funded programs must acknowledge Liberal Arts at Play (LAAP) in all advertising and publications for the program.
- Funding is awarded on a first come first serve basis as long as funds are available.
Application Due Dates:
Monday, January 24, 2011
Monday, February 7, 2011
Monday, February 21, 2011
Wednesday, March 16, 2011
Monday, March 28, 2011
Monday, April 11, 2011
*Applicants may be required to meet with the Liberal Arts at Play Coordinator prior to review of application by selection committee.
Notification of funding approval will be within one week of the closest application deadline.
Applications must be turned in to the Campus Programs and Organizations office by 5:00pm on the application deadline.
Applications and any questions may be directed to:
Liberal Arts at Play Coordinator
Campus Programs and Organizations Office
#4680 Kellogg Center
Phone: ext. 0433