Resources and Links
All eligible students and parents can receive some type of financial assistance, regardless of your family's income and assets. However, for Albion to determine your eligibility for specific programs, you must complete and submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). You can do this online at FAFSA.gov. Our school code is 002235.
First-time Borrowers/Loan Entrance Counseling
Each student receiving a loan for the first time at Albion must complete Loan Entrance Counseling. This requirement applies to students who have previously borrowed at another institution. Loan funds cannot be released until this requirement has been met. Entrance counseling can be completed by visiting StudentLoans.gov.
If you have been instructed by the student financial services staff to complete a certain form, you may be able to download it on the Student Financial Services form page and print it on your own printer. You will need Adobe Acrobat® Reader to view the forms.
If you missed SOAR (Student Orientation, Advising, and Registration) or would like to see what we covered, view our presentation.
Missed us at a fall visit day? See what we covered with our "Financially Preparing for College" presentation.
Financial Literacy Resources
More Sites to Think About:
- Collegeboard.org - scholarship search
- Direct Loan website
- Direct PLUS Loans - expert advice on nerdwallet.com
- Financial Aid Information Page
- GoodCall - How to Pay for College with Scholarships
- Michigan Scholarships and Grants
- NSLDS (National Student Loan Database) Student Access - access all your Direct and Perkins Loans
- Paying for College - Great Advice for Parents
- University Accounting Services (UAS) - Perkins Repayment Information
- Work-study positions