Albion College senior Lauren Rao is accustomed to being on the go. After all, she juggled the demands of being a varsity diver, singing with the a capella group Bella Voce, and being a member of Kappa Alpha Theta sorority in addition to the hundreds of clinical hours needed to complete her athletic training major.
Tom Dukes, ’13, enjoyed the experience of studying off-campus at the University of Tübingen so much he knew he had to get back to Germany someday.
Luckily for Dukes, he won’t have to wait long. The international studies and German major from Midland will return to Germany next year under a Fulbright Scholarship, teaching English to middle- and high school students.
From the arts, business, medicine and more, Albion College's fourth group of "Top 10 in 10" Young Alumni Award winners returned to campus April 19 for a celebration of their remarkable achievements in the College's Science Complex atrium.
The award recognizes noteworthy and distinctive achievements made by alumni who have graduated within the past ten years.
Alexander McCall Smith shared the wit and charm that have carried dozens of his works to international bestseller lists, as he gave the 2013 Joseph S. Calvaruso Keynote Address. McCall Smith's visit concluded Albion's 2013 Elkin R. Isaac Student Research Symposium, held April 17-18.
In discussing global business in the 21st century, Michael Harrington's Isaac Alumni Lecture address was decidedly not "business as usual." Harrington, senior vice president and general counsel for Eli Lilly and Company, noted that beyond the free market and technology-aided communication, values such as ethics and embracing cultural diversity underpin the success of business in the 21st century.
Albion College Chaplain Dan McQuown shares his thoughts in the wake of the April 15 bombings near the finish line of the Boston Marathon.
- Michael Frandsen Named Albion College's Interim President
- Nelson, '13, Headed to Chiropractic School
- Ayotte, '16, Hits the Street as Second Albion Community Intern
- President Randall to Become Chancellor, National Presidential Search Launched
- Weaver, '13, Finishes with Top Choice in Graduate School Process
- Duvall to Lead Advancement at New College of Florida
- Albion Launches Redesigned Website
- Sherry Penney, '59, Brings 'Next Generation Leadership'
- Duncan Turns Vision Into Reality By Launching Student Venture
- Albion Students Invited to Governor's Economic Summit