A British Eighth fanfare set the tone for Albion's enthusiastic welcome of Mauri Ditzler, who will become the College's 16th president in July 2014. "In President Ditzler,” said Zach Kribs, '15, Student Senate president and a member of the presidential search committee, “I see a man who not only accepts us as his own, but accepts our student vision, our passion, and our spirit."
The Albion College Board of Trustees has announced the appointment of Mauri A. Ditzler as the College’s 16th president. Currently president of Monmouth College in Monmouth, Ill., Ditzler will assume his new post July 1. “I have known and respected Albion College for decades,” Ditzler said, “but until I first visited our beautiful campus two weeks ago I didn’t really understand its special character. ... I knew immediately that this was a College I would love.”
Albion College's "Keep Calm and Get Your BritON" was the Excellence in Design gold winner in the 2013 Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE) District V "Pride of CASE V" awards. The College also received two bronze awards, for Best Institutional Website and Best Electronic Newsletter.
Albion College is back as a player in the annual accounting competition sponsored by the American Institute of CPAs. Albion was the underdog last fall as it was the smallest of the academic institutions to have a team reach the finals in Washington, D.C. This year, the team comprised of students Peter Curry, John Rogers, Victoria Slater and Don Strite and advisor John Carlson are one of 15 to advance to the semifinal round of competition.
Junior Caitlin McClorey, fresh off a summer internship at Valassis, a Detroit-area marketing company, was among a group of students in Albion’s Carl A. Gerstacker Institute for Business and Management who traveled to Paris in October for a week of intensive work on business plans with students from École Supérieure De Vente (SDV), a French business school.
- Hencsie, ’16, Balances Cross Country with Service to Country
- Asher, '86, and Wahr, '74, Join College Board of Trustees
- Forensics Foray: Wilburn, ’14, Interns with Michigan State Police
- Pressprich Works to Secure Wireless Networks
- Randall Portrait Unveiled at Homecoming
- Marissa Cloutier, '14: Considering Community Health in Ghana
- Zander Tu, '15: Searching for Links to Tumor Inhibition
- Albion Professor's Work Sheds Light On UN Security Council
- Canoe Club Achieves Runner-Up Finish in Outdoorsman Triathlon
- Psychology Alumna Fast, '08, Honored at National Meeting