"Those of us of age in 1964," writes the Albion College history professor, "remember when we heard the news that three civil rights workers—Mickey Schwerner, James Chaney, and Andrew Goodman—had gone missing as Freedom Summer was just under way. June 21 marks the 50th anniversary of the shocking news."
After seven years of leadership at Albion College—and seven Michigan winters—Donna Randall is heading to the West Coast. The former Albion president, who will conclude her service as the College’s chancellor on June 30, is preparing for a move to the Bay Area, where on July 14 she will become president and CEO of the Cancer Prevention Institute of California.
In his 33 years at Albion College, Dan Christiansen has blended research and teaching to provide students with unique tools for studying everything from environmental issues to finance. Much of the coursework is based on issues that were only partially understood during Christiansen's days as a doctoral student and young professor.
Eight Albion College students with medical-school and physician-assistant aspirations picked up important clinical hours of hands-on work last month—hours needed for graduate school admission—in a new collaboration between the Institute for Healthcare Professions and Kellogg Community College.
The nine-year-old, nationally known college scholarship program for Kalamazoo Public Schools students is extending its reach beyond Michigan's public universities and colleges through a partnership with the Michigan Colleges Alliance (MCA) that begins in fall 2015. Albion is one of the 15 leading independent, liberal arts-focused four-year colleges and universities that make up the MCA.
A returning member and a new alumnus have been invited to join Albion College's Board of Trustees. James Wilson, '77, and Don Strite, '14, will begin active service with the board beginning July 1.
- Chicago Center Internships Prove Valuable for Two Britons
- History Faculty Reflect on the 70th Anniversary of D-Day
- Albion SID Bobby Lee Recognized for Writing by MIAA
- Albion Mourns Passing of Tom Taylor, '58
- History's Geoff Cocks Adds Insight to ESPN World Cup Documentary
- Miss Indiana USA Mekayla Diehl, ’11, Prepares for Big Stage
- Theatre Duo's Conference Poster Gives 'Graphic' New Look at Blood
- Biology Students Present Research at National Drosophila Conference
- A Sunny Send-off for Albion's Class of 2014
- Provost Susan Conner Announces Retirement