"You have to push it, rather than throw it," says Josh Hall, '14, of a spear-throwing lesson he recently had with Maasai Moran in Kenya. Discovering a new talent was an unexpected bonus for Hall, who is spending the spring 2014 semester in Africa, learning Swahili and studying wildlife management, wildlife ecology and environmental policy.
The annual Albion College event notes outstanding achievements in teaching and learning, leadership and service. Students and faculty were recognized during a traditional ceremony in Goodrich Chapel on April 24, between the morning and afternoon sessions of the Elkin R. Isaac Student Research Symposium.
Nobel Laureate Richard Alley, who regularly advises world leaders and U.S. legislators on climate-change science, used history and personal anecdotes to illustrate the science and to suggest workable ways to combat global warming during his Joseph S. Calvaruso Keynote that capped Albion College's 25th Elkin R. Isaac Student Research Symposium on April 24.
Albion College's 25th annual Elkin R. Isaac Research Symposium opened with a high-energy presentation by Hugh McDiarmid, '84, who earned a standing ovation for his insights into "Michigan's Clean Energy Success and Why Not Everyone Is Thrilled."
Carl Pressprich's already successful career as an Albion College student-athlete has taken a star turn. The physics major, third-year pre-engineering student and recent MIAA men's lacrosse Defensive Player of the Week is pictured on the cover of the latest issue of NCAA Champion magazine.
Whether the organization is the men’s soccer team, the Student-Athlete Advisory Committee or the Sigma Nu fraternity, Andrew Bobowski desires to be a leader at Albion College. The sophomore from Rockwood, Michigan, also got to role-play a leader—a Bolivian general—as part of Albion's Model UN club that recently traveled to New York for a competition.
- Michigan Campus Compact Recognizes 25 Albion Students
- Climate Expert Richard Alley to Keynote 25th Isaac Symposium
- Albion to Recognize 2014 Young Alumni Award Recipients
- Harrison-Ross, '56, Recognized by NY Society for Ethical Culture
- Dave Camp, '75, to Retire from Congress
- Stephanie Sanders, '15, Awarded Goldwater Scholarship
- The Substance of Sustainability: Sara Sample's Semester in France
- Logan Woods, '14, Receives Fulbright Award
- Alex Yaw, '14: Promoting Healthy Lives, Transforming Hers
- After 10 Years of Service, Frandsen to Leave Albion on July 1