Albion College is pleased to announce the appointment of two new members of the board of trustees: Ernst & Young senior partner Kevin Asher, '86, and physician and entrepreneur Dennis Wahr, '74.
“I have been interested in forensic science for many years,” says Wilburn, a biochemistry major, “so this has turned into a perfect opportunity to observe the goings-on in a forensics lab and better get a grasp if this is what I want to pursue as a career.”
Whether the field is academics or athletics, Carl Pressprich has used his work ethic and drive to excel. This semester, the physics major who is starting his third and final year in Albion's dual-degree program in engineering is writing computer programming language during a 16-week experience at the Oak Ridge (Tenn.) National Laboratory.
Faculty, staff, students and alumni gathered to welcome a new face to Albion College with the October 11 unveiling of Chancellor Donna Randall's portrait. The work by Leslie Adams was commissioned by the Board of Trustees to honor Randall's six-year tenure as president.
For Marissa Cloutier, '14, a beautiful new community kitchen in a rural African village underscored a lesson of how not to do aid work. "The kitchen, which was built several years ago by an aid organization, has never been used because the community believes it is unsafe to cook in an enclosed structure," said Cloutier. "They were cooking on clay stoves outside and the new building remains unused."
"I was chosen to participate in the Summer Program for Undergraduate Research (SPUR) at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW)," writes the biology and biochemistry major. "I worked in the lab of Dr. Ramani Ramchandran in the Pediatric Research Department. The research project I contributed to may eventually lead to a treatment for humangeoma tumors in infants." Tu is also a member of the Institute for Health Sciences and the Prentiss M. Brown Honors Program.
- Professor's Work Sheds Light on UN Security Council
- Canoe Club Achieves Runner-Up Finish in Outdoorsman Triathlon
- Psychology Alumna Fast, '08, Honored at National Meeting
- McWhirter Chosen to Participate in 2013-14 Wabash Center Colloquy
- Albion Theatre Students Are a Hit Backstage at Ohio Light Opera
- Sculptor Middlebrook, '66, Celebrates Monumental Year
- Malus, '15, Does Bronze Age Dental Detective Work in India
- Matthew vandenBerg Named Associate VP of Development
- Silvestri, '15, Enjoying Chemistry in the Lab, on the Field
- Official College Messages Following the Storm of September 11, 2013