Midland student Thomas Hall and Saginaw student Jamal Yearwood each won full-tuition scholarships through Albion College's 2013 Distinguished Albion Scholars Program (DASP). The students will receive full tuition to attend Albion College for four years.
Kurt Miller, ’14, has aspirations of a career in sports broadcasting when he graduates from Albion College next spring. To help achieve that goal, the Ann Arbor native participated in an internship in New York City during the 2013 spring semester.
Josh Cassada, a former Navy test pilot who graduated with a B.A. in physics from Albion College in 1995, was chosen by NASA as one of eight new astronaut candidates who will receive training for missions that, in the future, could include an asteroid and Mars.
James Galbally, president of The Galbally Group, has accepted the position of Albion College's interim vice president of finance and administration. Galbally, who joins the College on June 24, will hold this post while current VPFA Mike Frandsen serves as Albion’s interim president for the next year.
Albion College has announced the selection of Dow Corning executive J. Donald Sheets, '82, as chair of the College's Board of Trustees beginning July 1, 2013. Sheets succeeds outgoing chair Paul Tobias, '73, who remains on the board.
Monday, June 10, 2013
A memo from Mark Newell, '77, chair of the Presidential Search Committee, to the Albion College community regarding the completion of the Presidential Search Profile to be used for all advertising and recruiting related to the search.
- Maymester Unit Aims to Ease Education Students' Transition
- Sanders, '15, Recognized in Goldwater Scholarship Competition
- Albion College Boosts Bohm Theatre Renovation Work
- Metz, Honors Class Featured in Chemistry Publication
- Kukurugya-Rabaut, '13, Receives French Teaching Assistantship
- Pender, '13, Accepted into Cornell Biomed Engineering Ph.D. Program
- Class of 2013 Celebrates Commencement
- Britons Prepare Special Olympians for State Games
- Barcheski, '83, Provides Example of Alumni Networking
- German, Chemistry Double Majors Earn RISE Internships