A pair of Albion alumni have begun 2014 at the top of their game. Bill Sweeney, '98, became chief of staff for Michigan U.S. Senator Debbie Stabenow on January 1, and Sarah McNitt, '02, became the champion on the popular TV game show Jeopardy! on January 14.
A 10-day trip to Oahu and Hilo gives first-year students a firsthand experience with the culture, history and geography they studied all fall semester in Education professor Suellyn Henke's first-year seminar, Mauka and Makai.
"Studying at the University of Deusto in Bilbao, Spain, I walk past the Guggenheim Museum every day, as well as other beautiful buildings and outdoor artwork," the senior Spanish major writes. "I go places only a local can show me, and with living in nearby Getxo, I'm able to get to know two cities. I'm so thankful for this experience."
As the year closes, the Marketing and Communications team offers a review of some of the College's major stories in 2013.
Brad Melpolder, '14, an economics and management major who is concentrating in the Carl A. Gerstacker Institute for Business and Management, reflects on the practical experiences he has gained to make him a marketable candidate when he pursues management jobs in the manufacturing industry after graduation. He has balanced these activities with the considerable investment of time and energy it takes to be a top performer in the swimming pool.
Thanks to a recent NetVUE grant from the Council of Independent Colleges, students at Albion College will now have even more support and opportunities to explore their values and seek meaningful life work. Albion is a founding member of the Network for Vocation in Undergraduate Education (NetVUE) and has received a program development grant of $50,000, one of only 36 grants awarded this year.
- Ingalls, '14, Connects Leadership Skills, Physical Activity
- Education Think Tank Selects Baker
- Alumni in the News: Doug Parker, '84; John Vournakis, '61
- WWII Veterans Bring Past to Present for History Students
- Remembering Nelson Mandela
- Hagerman Book Links Education, Empire
- College Exceeds Giving Tuesday Donor Goal
- Michalec, '15, Is on the Books with Phillies Internship
- Seeing (Nano)Stars to Fight Disease: Carlos Matti's Internship
- Ditzler Receives a Dynamic Albion Welcome