"When I was dropped off in Philadelphia this past September, I had no apartment and no internship," says junior Meredith Michalec, a business and organizations and accounting double major. "However, I knew the Philadelphia Center has provided great internships to a lot of Albion students. I am an accounting intern with the Philadelphia Phillies and I absolutely love it."
"The most rewarding part of my summer research was being part of a team that is finding a new paradigm that could improve biosensing dramatically," writes the senior chemistry major about his National Science Foundation–Research Experience for Undergraduates internship at the University of Cincinnati. "There's still a lot to do before we can perform biosensing that is disease-specific. At the end of the day, though, I know that this research may break ground in the field."
A British Eighth fanfare set the tone for Albion's enthusiastic welcome of Mauri Ditzler, who will become the College's 16th president in July 2014. "In President Ditzler,” said Zach Kribs, '15, Student Senate president and a member of the presidential search committee, “I see a man who not only accepts us as his own, but accepts our student vision, our passion, and our spirit."
The Albion College Board of Trustees has announced the appointment of Mauri A. Ditzler as the College’s 16th president. Currently president of Monmouth College in Monmouth, Ill., Ditzler will assume his new post July 1. “I have known and respected Albion College for decades,” Ditzler said, “but until I first visited our beautiful campus two weeks ago I didn’t really understand its special character. ... I knew immediately that this was a College I would love.”
Albion College's "Keep Calm and Get Your BritON" was the Excellence in Design gold winner in the 2013 Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE) District V "Pride of CASE V" awards. The College also received two bronze awards, for Best Institutional Website and Best Electronic Newsletter.
- Albion AICPA Team Returns to the Big Stage
- For McClorey, '15, a Business Plan in France and a Plan for Law School
- Hencsie, ’16, Balances Cross Country with Service to Country
- Asher, '86, and Wahr, '74, Join College Board of Trustees
- Forensics Foray: Wilburn, ’14, Interns with Michigan State Police
- Pressprich Works to Secure Wireless Networks
- Randall Portrait Unveiled at Homecoming
- Marissa Cloutier, '14: Considering Community Health in Ghana
- Zander Tu, '15: Searching for Links to Tumor Inhibition
- Albion Professor's Work Sheds Light On UN Security Council