Albion College political science professor Carrie Booth Walling looks at the evolution of the United Nations Security Council’s intervention in human rights crises in her new book, All Necessary Measures, published by the University of Pennsylvania Press.
The Albion College Canoe Club achieved a second-place finish in the Outdoorsman Triathlon’s Collegiate Relay Series. The event was contested Sept. 28-29 in Wesser, N.C.
Cindy (Cardwell) Fast, '08, Albion psychology and neuroscience alum, received the 2013 Pavlovian Society Poster Award at the Society’s annual meeting, in Austin, Texas, on September 28. The award acknowledged the quality of her research, which examines both brain and learning mechanisms that affect imagery in rats.
Jocelyn McWhirter, associate professor of religious studies, is participating in a 2013-14 colloquy on Religious Commitments in the Undergraduate Classroom. The gathering of 20 religious studies professors first met this past June and will convene again for multiday sessions in February and June 2014. According to the Wabash Center, “At first glance, it might seem odd that there should be a question about the place of religious commitments in undergraduate classes in religion and theology. But most teachers in undergraduate settings know first-hand the force of the question."
"It is possible to make a living doing what you love in the theatre," said theatre student Peter Verhaeghe. He and fellow Albion student Corey Brittain, '14, learned that lesson, along with others, working this summer with the Ohio Light Opera,
David Middlebrook, '66, is in the midst of a monumental year. The Los Gatos, Calif., sculptor was selected to participate in the prestigious Venice Biennale, running through November; his work is being featured in an exhibit as San Jose State University's Department of Art and Art History celebrates its 100th anniversary; and he has been selected for induction into the Albion College Athletic Hall of Fame in October.
- Malus, '15, Does Bronze Age Dental Detective Work in India
- Matthew vandenBerg Named Associate VP of Development
- Silvestri, '15, Enjoying Chemistry in the Lab, on the Field
- Official College Messages Following the Storm of September 11, 2013
- Community Day Scores Win for Area Kids
- Booth Walling Weighs In on Syria Debate in Detroit Free Press
- Major Gift Advances Albion College Soccer/Lacrosse Project
- Six to Receive Distinguished Alumni Award at Homecoming 2013
- Glenn, '15, Works to Improve Living Conditions in Appalachia
- Susan Ford Bales Reveals Her Father's Legacy at Convocation