Josh Cassada, a former Navy test pilot who graduated with a B.A. in physics from Albion College in 1995, was chosen by NASA as one of eight new astronaut candidates who will receive training for missions that, in the future, could include an asteroid and Mars.
James Galbally, president of The Galbally Group, has accepted the position of Albion College's interim vice president of finance and administration. Galbally, who joins the College on June 24, will hold this post while current VPFA Mike Frandsen serves as Albion’s interim president for the next year.
Albion College has announced the selection of Dow Corning executive J. Donald Sheets, '82, as chair of the College's Board of Trustees beginning July 1, 2013. Sheets succeeds outgoing chair Paul Tobias, '73, who remains on the board.
Monday, June 10, 2013
A memo from Mark Newell, '77, chair of the Presidential Search Committee, to the Albion College community regarding the completion of the Presidential Search Profile to be used for all advertising and recruiting related to the search.
Jon Cannell, an English major with a secondary education concentration, created a unit for Maymester that helped ninth-grade students at Albion High School explore how assumptions and perceptions can create beliefs that shape realities.
Maymester, supported by Albion College’s Fritz Shurmur Center for Teacher Development and underwritten by a grant from the State Farm Insurance Companies Foundation, is a unique program developed jointly by College education faculty and administrators, education students, and Albion Public School teachers.
Stephanie Sanders, ’15, a double-major in chemistry and mathematics at Albion College, was recognized this spring as an honorable mention in the Barry M. Goldwater Scholarship for Excellence in Education.
- Albion College Boosts Bohm Theatre Renovation Work
- Metz, Honors Class Featured in Chemistry Publication
- Kukurugya-Rabaut, '13, Receives French Teaching Assistantship
- Pender, '13, Accepted into Cornell Biomed Engineering Ph.D. Program
- Class of 2013 Celebrates Commencement
- Britons Prepare Special Olympians for State Games
- Barcheski, '83, Provides Example of Alumni Networking
- German, Chemistry Double Majors Earn RISE Internships
- Rao, '13, Set to Embark on New Adventure in Athletic Training
- Tom Dukes, '13, Named Fulbright Scholar