Abigail Leitch (left) and McKenzie Schafer earned top awards in the Michigan NATS (National Association of Teachers of Singing) solo vocal auditions held recently on the campus of Grand Valley State University. Leitch earned first place in the First-Year College Women category, while Schafer took third place among Second-Year College Women. Both are voice students of Albion professor Maureen Balke.
Students off-campus share scenes from their December holiday season from England, Spain, Germany, and Belgium.
Albion College Delta Tau Delta's fall fundraiser turned out to be a smash with the editors of E-Rainbow, the fraternity's national magazine. Albion's mascot, Brit, and several DTD members made the cover of the current issue and are featured in the cover story on DTD philanthropy.
The rewards of a community college education are now even greater as Albion College and Kellogg Community College announce their new honors program agreement. This initiative allows KCC honors students to transfer into Albion College's Prentiss M. Brown Honors Program and eventually graduate with Albion College honors.
Albion College President Donna Randall is one of a handful of college and university leaders invited to join the new Council of Independent Colleges (CIC) Campaign for the Liberal Arts advisory committee. In accepting the invitation, Randall will be one of approximately 15 executive, admission and public relations administrators, from institutions across the U.S., who will develop and direct the activities of the campaign.
Scott Melzer, associate professor of sociology, wrote an opinion piece in the days after the Newtown, Conn., school-shooting tragedy titled "A History of Violence" for The Conversation blog on The Chronicle of Higher Education's website. Melzer, who also serves as chair of Albion's Department of Anthropology and Sociology, is the author of the 2009 book Gun Crusaders: The NRA's Culture War, and was featured in the 2011 HBO documentary "Gun Fight."
- Phillips Completes Fulfilling Albion Career
- Geology Student Repeats National Win for Poster Presentation
- Rogers, '14, Stars in Economics Competitions
- Good Soil Growhouse Adds to Student Farm Sustainability
- The End of the World as We Know It: Albion Professors Dissect '12/21'
- Berkey Takes a Bow After 35 (and a Half) Great Years
- Albion College Presents Annual Lessons and Carols
- Weatherwax Foundation Signs On to Albion College Library Campaign
- Baldwin Hall Renovation: A New Dining Experience in Fall 2013
- Math Sculptor Lends Fun to Building on Return Visit to Albion