Albion College is pleased to announce that Joel Manby, its 1981 valedictorian, will deliver the Commencement address to the Class of 2013 on Saturday, May 11. The graduation procession begins at 12:45 p.m. in the College Quadrangle. Manby will receive an honorary doctor of humane letters degree during the Commencement ceremony.
Albion College is pleased to announce the appointment of Richard Zera as its first director of enterprise technology and chief information officer.
The Midland-based Charles J. Strosacker Foundation recently provided $250,000 toward the renovation of Albion College's Stockwell Memorial Library, part of which will become the new John S. Ludington Career and Internship Center.
Physics emeritus professor Howard Pettersen, aged 91, passed away February 17, in Madison, Wisconsin. He is survived by his wife, Ginny, a former staff member in the Art and Art History Department, their three daughters and four grandchildren. A memorial service will take place March 2 in Madison.
Mallory Brown, '08, was in the Republic of Sudan when U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens was killed in neighboring Libya. "I was in Khartoum and the Sudanese people were protesting outside the embassy. I decided I should tell people I was Australian," she said. It was unavoidable, however, that Brown frequently had to show people her U.S. passport as she moved about the city. "Every time someone saw I was American, they told me, 'I'm going to make sure you're safe,'" she recalled. "I was never threatened and I never felt in danger. I was basically escorted across Africa by Africans, who just took it upon themselves to help me."
A quote attributed to Confucius states, "Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life."
Jessica DeWaters, '13, an economics and management major from Parma, is proving that adage to be true as she has developed her love for baking into The Dreamery, a student venture that has become Albion College's first cupcake bar.
- Physics Professor Zellner Discusses Meteorite, Asteroid on WILX
- Reed, '16, Rewarded for Service in Public Arena
- Anthropologist Dissects Wall Street Culture for Yinger Lecture
- Governor Appoints College Archivist to State Historical Records Advisory Board
- Exciting New Authors Read GLCA Award-Winning Works
- Stewart Brings New Life to WLBN
- 'The Voice' Winner Javier Colon Gives Free Concert at Albion College
- Historian Recounts Holocaust Rescue Tale
- The Business of Horses: Katie Petchell's Off-Campus Internship
- MLK Convocation Marks 50th Anniversary of King's Visit to Albion