Three graduate students from Costa Rica abandoned the tropics for Albion's frosty first week of February. The students' visit marks the next step in a relationship between their school and Albion, begun by education professor Kyle Shanton.
Centered on Community
Starting in Fall 2015, Albion College will annually offer four-year tuition, room, and board to as many as 10 first-year students who are Albion residents and attended Albion Public Schools in grades 6-8. Read more
President Ditzler talks about the initiative on WBCK-FM
Reopening the Bohm: Read about a landmark internship for Andrea Walles, '15
Albion College's Sister City efforts earn a national award
Watch an expert panel discuss "Albion Tomorrow"
More than 230 Special Olympians descended upon the Albion College campus Feb. 8 as the Britons' Student-Athlete Advisory Committee hosted a regional basketball tournament. “Working with Special Olympians reminds me of why I love the sport I play, and why I love athletics in general,” said Jalyn Ingalls, ’14, volleyball middle hitter and SAAC president.
Nels Christensen, associate professor of English, was a guest during the Feb. 9 edition of the Greening of the Great Lakes radio program on WJR 760-AM, Detroit. The hour-long program airs Sundays at 7 p.m. and is hosted by Dr. Kirk Heinze, '70.
A capacity crowd braved the snow and cold January 30 to hear NAACP Chairman Emeritus and civil rights activist Julian Bond deliver the keynote address during Albion College's Martin Luther King, Jr. Convocation and Community Celebration at Goodrich Chapel.
Recently, the Albion NAACP presented Albion College history professor Wes Dick with its Branch Leadership Award, while Substance Abuse Prevention Services Executive Director Harry Bonner organized a dinner simply to note Dick's importance to the Albion community.
Grand Rapids Mayor George Heartwell, '71, has been named to President Obama's Task Force on Climate Preparedness and Resilience. Heartwell is one of just 26 task force members and the only Michigander in the group.
- Trombley, '14, Rewarded for Community Journalism
- For Leapheart, '15, Internship in Midland Changes Hometown View
- Alumni in the News: Bill Sweeney, '98; Sarah McNitt, '02
- First-Years in Hawaii: Above the Clouds, Connected with Culture
- Basques and Bilbao: Emily Walker's Semester in Spain
- Albion College's 2013: A Look Back
- Melpolder, '14, Reflects on Practical, Athletic Experiences
- CIC NetVUE Grant to Support Student Career Exploration
- Ingalls, '14, Connects Leadership Skills, Physical Activity
- Education Think Tank Selects Baker