Joe Silvestri, '15, spent his summer gaining real-world experience in hopes it will give him an edge when its time to apply for medical school. The Detroit Catholic High School product, who achieved distinction on the all-MIAA first team in men's lacrosse last spring, went to work in Cliff Harris' chemistry lab before returning to metro Detroit to continue shadowing physicians.
Albion College issued several updates to the College community—through e-mails and automated telephone messages and on Albion.edu and social media—shortly after and in the days following the thunderstorm of September 11 that caused property damage in many parts of the City of Albion.
It was a win-win all around as Albion residents showed up in force to celebrate the College's Community Day. While a big focus was the first night football game (and first win under the lights) at Sprankle-Sprandel Stadium, the community also scored big, donating nearly 700 pounds of food for Albion's Food Bank.
Carrie Booth Walling, assistant professor of political science, authored an op-ed piece in the Sept. 10 Detroit Free Press in advance of President Obama's evening address to the nation regarding the situation in Syria. She also provided her analysis on two area TV news programs—on WWMT (channel 3, Kalamazoo) and WLNS (channel 6, Lansing)—before and after the president spoke.
A $500,000 gift has given new impetus to Albion College’s fund drive for Phase II of the planned improvements in its outdoor athletic facilities, expected to cost $3 million. The gift, which came in August from anonymous donors, will support the construction of a new soccer/lacrosse complex.
An airline CEO, the founder of a camp for children with serious health issues and President Obama’s campaign finance manager are among Albion College’s 2013 Distinguished Alumni Award recipients. The awardees will be honored Friday, October 11, as part of Albion’s Homecoming Weekend festivities.
- Glenn, '15, Works to Improve Living Conditions in Appalachia
- Susan Ford Bales Reveals Her Father's Legacy at Convocation
- Farmers' Market Kicks Off Sustainability Theme Year
- Students Right at Home in New Journey House
- Geology Students Go with the Flow in Hawaii
- Gitre, '14, Goes West for Chemistry Research Experience
- Frandsen Accepts Presidential Charge in Recognition Ceremony
- Puzzles in Polymers: Joe Thomas, '14, at BASF
- Lower Baldwin Reopens, Ready for Students
- Isaac, '48, Remembered as Legend, Mentor