Albion College is the perfect venue for your next special event.
At Albion College, we have more to offer you than just a space for hosting an event. We have a multitude of venues located on a beautiful historic campus where everything you need is easily accessible. Our buildings have character, our campus is intimate, and our staff is exceptional at what we do. From football camps to band camps, business meetings to weddings, equestrian outings to youth group getaways, and from 25 people to 1200 guests, we will provide you with everything you need to make your function a success.
Plan your next event at Albion and enjoy the following:
- Quality. A staff that cares about the success of your function, just as much as you do.
- Convenience. We're centrally located between Detroit, Kalamazoo and Lansing. On campus, you can easily walk to different amenities within a matter of minutes.
- Satisfaction. Bon Appetit, our on-campus restaurant company, cooks healthy and sustainable meals made from scratch.
- Variety. Choose from a wide range of venues in order to match your surroundings to the style of your event.
- Support. Our technology staff is here to help! Our spaces offer audiovisual equipment and free Wi-Fi.
- Safety. Public safety officers are on duty 24 hours a day patrolling our campus.
Beauty. As you walk around our campus, canoe down the river that runs through our small town, or take a group outing through our nature center, you can’t help but feel inspired by your surroundings.
Please call 517-629-0318 to inquire about a having your next event at Albion College.
Mae Harrison Karro Village (The Mae)
The Mae Harrison Karro Student Residential Village, commonly called “The Mae,” is considered a privileged housing option for senior-level men and women. Located on the corner of Erie and Mingo streets, The Mae is in an ideal, centralized location for its residents.
Of the 13 apartments available between the four different buildings, there are:
- 2 six-person units (three double rooms/each)
- 7 four-person units (two double rooms/each)
- 4 four-person units (four single rooms/each)
- XL twin size bed (80” x 36”)
- Can be bunked or placed as singles
- Desk and desk chair
- Chest of drawers (three-drawer unit)
- Cable TV hookup
- Mini blinds
Building your own loft is prohibited. All college furniture must remain in the room throughout the entire academic year.
Students in The Mae Apartments are not required to be on a College Board Plan. However, students may purchase a College Board Plan if desired. Please see Dining Services for more information.
- Carpeted living and dining rooms
- Air conditioned facility
- Mini blinds
- Cable TV hook up
- Furnished living room
- One sofa
- two lounge chairs
- a coffee table
- two end tables
- Dining room table and chairs
- 6-person apartments include 6 dining room chairs and an additional loveseat
- Full kitchen
- Sink with garbage disposal
- Three washers and three dryers (located in Building Two)
- Each cycle costs $1.25
- Students will need to load money onto their Albion1Card to operate the machines
Residents are responsible for the housekeeping of their individual apartments. Students should plan to bring their own cookware, dishware, and silverware.
Wireless access is only available in the common areas. All student rooms have active, wired ports.
The Mae Apartments are set up with a card system that allows students to use their Albion1Card as a key to their residential building as well as their individual apartment. Individual rooms within the apartments are accessed with the student’s Albion1Card as well.
Mae Harrison Karro Village is a smoke-free facility.
Emergency Telephone Locations
The Mae Apartments have 8 emergency telephones (at all entrances) that are direct lines to Campus Safety:
- East & West exterior doors of Building One
- Northeast & Northwest exterior doors of Building Two – indicated by blue lights
- North & South exterior door of Building Three
- North & South exterior door of Building Four
Please see Campus Safety’s Emergency Telephone Locations Map for all emergency telephone locations.
Room Sign Up Requirements
Students interested in living in The Mae must apply in groups of four to six during the Apartment phase of the Room Selection Process. Students must be in good social and academic standing to reside in these apartments. Each applicant is required to sign a waiver (so the Office of Residential Life can request each student's records through Student Affairs) when applying for these options.
Apartment/Ingham Applications are due Thursday, March 26, 2015 by 5:00 PM.
For information on room rates, please see the Accounting Office's Tuition & Fees page.
1107 E. Erie Street
Albion, MI 49224
View it on the map
Mae: Building One Layout
Mae: Building Two Layout
Mae: Building Three Layout
Mae: Building Four Layout