The Albion College Event Calendar can be found with other departmental/program calendars on the Albion College website. This is a valuable resource that allows faculty, staff, students, and external audiences to see events and other happenings on campus. Each listing contains the date, time, location and additional support information for each event/activity. The Campus Event Calendar is managed by the Assistant Director of the Kellogg Center.
The Campus Event Calendar is only as good as the willingness of the College community to use it and submit items. Any event in which complete information is provided (and conforms to all other polices and regulations of the College) will be posted to the Event Calendar. If the event you want to book is scheduled at the same time another major event is occurring, you will be contacted and an attempt will be made to find a suitable date, time, and place for your program. The Assistant Director and/or Assistant Dean will work to resolve any conflicts which arise. Please keep in mind Albion College's policy toward programming is non-exclusive and mulitple programs occurring at the same time do frequently happen. The Kellogg Center staff will attempt to do its best to identify those programs that might be in conflict and/or might compete for the same audience.
It is important to note that not all room reservations are automatically added to the Event Calendar. Many times reservations for spaces are made before specific program details are available or they are events that are not of interest to the general campus or community public. Therefore, to ensure that your event does get listed on the calendar, it is best to submit your listing directly to the calendar itself.
Submitting an Item to Appear on the Calendar
Current faculty, staff, and students may submit entries into the campus calendar. Your submission will be sent to the Campus Scheduler for approval. Once approved, your event will be displayed for all to see on the general calendar.
Events to be posted on the calendar should be intended for the larger campus or campus and community audiences. Announcements for club/organization meetings and other postings targeting a select audience should use other methods to inform their constituents. Please keep in mind that these postings can be seen by external audiences. If your event is limited to campus audiences, please indicate that in your event description.
To submit an entry, open the Event Calendar using the link below. Once the calendar is open, scroll to the bottom of the page. Click the submit button. You will be prompted to use your Albion College username and password to log into the site. Fill out all of the event details in the boxes provided. Make sure to click the "Submit Event" button when complete to send your submission to the Campus Scheduler for approval.
Albion is the home of over 100 student organizations, so there are many opportunities to get involved. These groups produce an amazing array of things to see and do throughout the school year ranging from small gatherings to all-campus activities, keynote lecturers to musical performances, and sports and recreation events to political rallies.
Learn more about the variety of opportunities that exist by visiting the descriptions of current student organizations.
Sports & Recreational Clubs
Assistant Director, Greek Life and Student Organizations
Assistant Director, Kellogg Center
Office: Kellogg Center Front Desk
Assistant Dean for Program Development
Director, Campus Programs and Organizations
Assistant Director, Service and Leadership
Giving you the Opportunity to Program for your Campus!
The primary purpose of Liberal Arts at Play (LAAP) is to enhance student social life and well being at Albion College by providing supplemental financial support to programs (activities/special events) that offer fun, creative and innovative opportunities for students.
LAAP programming grants are available to student groups officially registered at Albion College as well as organized groups of students interested in planning social programs.
- Primary focus of the program is to enhance the social life and well being for Albion College students.
- Program is open to all Albion College students.
- Preference for programs that take place on campus.
- Programs are non-alcoholic in nature.
- Quality of application (clear, detailed, well-written).
- Evidence of sound financial planning and a realistic marketing plan.
- Preference given to groups and organizations that collaborate on the program.
- Project is carefully thought out and well planned.
- Creativity and innovation must be shown through bringing new types of programming to Albion’s campus.
- Grants will be awarded only to programs to which all persons have equal access without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, or sexual orientation.
- Applications must be submitted at least 10 days prior to your event in accordance with the application due dates. No funding will be given to activities held prior to review of application.
- A reasonable and realistic budgeting process must be in place for the program.
- All groups must have a faculty/staff program advisor.
- In general, grant awards will not support full funding of any program. Applicants must demonstrate efforts to secure funding beyond this grant program. Exceptions can be made to this on a case-by-case basis.
- LAAP does not fund programs in which there is an intent to make a profit (i.e., charging excess admission fees).
- LAAP does not fund programs in which money is donated to charitable causes or individual organizations (i.e., fundraisers, sorority philanthropy, etc.).
- Funded programs must acknowledge Liberal Arts at Play (LAAP) in all advertising and publications for the program.
- Funding is awarded on a first come first serve basis as long as funds are available.
Application Due Dates:
Monday, January 24, 2011
Monday, February 7, 2011
Monday, February 21, 2011
Wednesday, March 16, 2011
Monday, March 28, 2011
Monday, April 11, 2011
*Applicants may be required to meet with the Liberal Arts at Play Coordinator prior to review of application by selection committee.
Notification of funding approval will be within one week of the closest application deadline.
Applications must be turned in to the Campus Programs and Organizations office by 5:00pm on the application deadline.
Applications and any questions may be directed to:
Liberal Arts at Play Coordinator
Campus Programs and Organizations Office
#4680 Kellogg Center
Phone: ext. 0433