Centered on Community
Starting in Fall 2015, Albion College will annually offer four-year tuition, room, and board to as many as 10 first-year students who are Albion residents and attended Albion Public Schools in grades 6-8. Read more
President Ditzler talks about the initiative on WBCK-FM
Reopening the Bohm: Read about a landmark internship for Andrea Walles, '15
Albion College's Sister City efforts earn a national award
Watch an expert panel discuss "Albion Tomorrow"
H1N1 Symptoms and Care
|Frequently Asked Questions|
Do I have the flu?
Symptoms of the flu include:
- Sudden onset of fever >101 F
Plus two or more of these symptoms:
- Chills, muscle aches, weakness
- Fatigue, sore throat, cough
How do I take care of myself or someone else if we have flu symptoms?
- Get plenty of rest
- Drink lots of fluids including juice and water
- Avoid alcohol and caffeine
- Eat lightly
- chicken soup, toast, crackers, oatmeal applesauce, anything tolerated without nausea
- Take over the counter medication to relieve symptoms.
- Tylenol (acetaminophen), Motrin (ibuprofen), to relieve fever, headache and body aches
- Cough Syrup or lozenges to decrease cough
- Nasal Decongestant
- Do not smoke
When should I seek medical attention?
You should see a doctor or other health care provider if:
- You have a fever that lasts more than 3-5 days
- You have difficulty breathing or are having chest pain
- You experience seizures, confusion, excessive sleepiness
- You have color changes of your skin, especially in your hands or around your mouth
- You have vomiting or diarrhea that continues over 24-48 hours.
For information on the novel flu strain H1N1 go to www.cdc.gov/swineflu.