Centered on Community
Albion College offers four-year tuition, room and board to as many as 10 first-year students who are Albion residents and attended Albion Public Schools in grades 6-8. Learn about the Build Albion Fellows Program
President Ditzler talks about the initiative on WBCK-FM
Reopening the Bohm: Read about a landmark internship for Andrea Walles, '15
Albion College's Sister City efforts earn a national award
Watch an expert panel discuss "Albion Tomorrow"
Listen to the Town & Gown podcast series
MSPS 2011: Program Submission Form
Greetings Small Private Schools of Michigan!
It's time to begin thinking about programs at the upcoming MSPS Conference on April 2nd 2011. In this packet you will find several ways to contribute to the educational offerings for MSPS 2011:
- Program Proposal: to be used by staff or students who would like to present a particular topic and/or presentation for the conference delegates
- Program Request: to be used by staff or students who would like to see specific topics covered, audiences served or particular presenters submit programs
- Roundtable Proposal: to be used by staff or students who would like to facilitate a discussion on a particular topic. These can be any kind of discussion: educational, problem solving, brainstorming.
This is an excellent opportunity to show the attending RAs what goes into presenting an effective program as well as a chance to reuse some of those awesome sessions you may have presented to your own staff during RA Training! It is also a great opportunity for veteran or even graduating RAs to pass on their expertise. Any student attendee could answer the call for programs and impact the educational quality of the conference.
If you, or someone from your institution, is interested in presenting, please complete the attached proposal form. If RAs or professional staff from your campus have an opportunity to brainstorm ideas for program offerings they would like to see at the conference (especially if there is a hot topic, new trend or something that you're hoping for outside insight), please complete the program request form and our conference staff will do their best to find programs and presenters to meet your needs. Included in the conference schedule there will be a one-hour session for roundtable discussions when attendees will be able to move about and engage in multiple discussions- this is a great opportunity for an eager first-time attendee or new RA!
All proposals can be submitted electronically to Bristol Day or visit the conference websitefor more information. Conference proposals submitted by March 1st will be given first consideration, but programs and roundtable proposals will be accepted on a rolling basis as space allows in the conference schedule and facilities.
Some 2011 conference highlights will include:
- Closing Banquet
- Case Study Competition
- Residence Life Showcase (Campus Programs, RA Programs, Bulletin Boards, Events, etc.)
Now all you need to do is register! Conference registration will open on February 1st 2011. Registration packets will be emailed out and can also be found at the conference web page. Registration is $20/attendee... and for every five student participants you register you get one free advisor registration! For more information contact Bristol Day. See you April 2nd!
~ Bristol Day, Resident Hall Director, Albion College
MSPS 2011 Coordinator
|Working with Difficult Residents||Etiquette|
|Recognition||Being Brand New|
|Programming (Basic & Advanced)||Returning RAs|
|Wellness||Senior Student Staff|
|Careers in Student Affairs||Getting Ready to Graduate|
|Ethical Decision Making||LGBT Education|
|Promoting / Advertising||Advising|
|Public Speaking||Creative Training Techniques|
- RA's can sometimes feel as though they are trying to run a circus on their floors and in their buildings. They've got to be able to juggle a variety of situations, yet remain in control, keep their lives balanced, and of course, have some fun along the way. To reflect that, our theme this year is, "MSPS 2011: The Greatest Show on Campus."
- At MSPS 2011 we'll be offering a Closing Banquet to all of those interested. At the Banquet we'll be showing a slide show from the day, allowing extra conversation and time to explore the Showcase materials. Attendees staying for the Closing Banquet will be given a special gift. The MSPS Closing Banquet will be a great opportunity to begin networking, cement new friendships and end the day on a high note!
Residence Life Showcase (Campus Programs, RA Programs, Bulletin Boards, etc.)
- Does your campus have really cool programs? Has one of your RAs made really amazing bulletin boards? Does your RA staff have the coolest staff t-shirts? Need ideas for new programs, bulletin boards, community building activities? Want to find a new way to gather students or educate on a particular topic? The Residence Life Showcase is for you. Bring pictures, scrapbook pages, written descriptions (OTMs), slideshows, etc. to show off the best and most successful programs and elements of your Residence Life program. Explore the Showcase to get new ideas... there's no such thing as "stealing" when it comes to stealing ideas from other Residence Life programs!