Centered on Community
Albion College offers four-year tuition, room and board to as many as 10 first-year students who are Albion residents and attended Albion Public Schools in grades 6-8. Learn about the Build Albion Fellows Program
President Ditzler talks about the initiative on WBCK-FM
Reopening the Bohm: Read about a landmark internship for Andrea Walles, '15
Albion College's Sister City efforts earn a national award
Watch an expert panel discuss "Albion Tomorrow"
Listen to the Town & Gown podcast series
Welcome to the What's New section of Residential Life! Please see the information listed below for important and upcoming events or programs.
Residence Hall Closings
Four times through the academic year Albion College closes completely. All students are required to leave campus and not return until the halls reopen for that particular closing. Exceptions may be made for extreme extenuating circumstances, International Students, approved sport teams, and college-related activities ONLY by prior approval through the Office of Residential Life. Contact Us for any questions.
Personal (any non-college related) requests for remaining in the college assignment through closings or to return early, prior top reopening, may be subject to a $25.00 per night fee charged to the student's account.
- Halls CLOSE Wednesday, November 21, 2012 at 10am
- Halls OPEN Sunday, November 25, 2012 at 12pm
- Winter Break / Semester Break
- Halls CLOSE Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 7pm
- Halls OPEN Sunday, January 20, 2013 at 12pm
- Spring Break
- Halls CLOSE Friday, March 8, 2013 at 7pm
- Halls OPEN Sunday, March 17, 2013 at 10am
- Summer Break / Academic Year End
- Halls CLOSE to all UNDERCLASS students Wednesday, May 8, 2013 at 9pm
- Halls CLOSE to SENIORS & Commencement participants Saturday, May 11, 2013 at 8pm
- NOTE: Albion College policy states all UNDERCLASS students are to be checked out 24-hours after their last final exam OR by Wednesday, May 8 at 9pm; whichever comes first - unless Residential Life has given permission to remain in the assignment to work for Commencement or other College-related events.