Centered on Community
Starting in Fall 2015, Albion College will annually offer four-year tuition, room, and board to as many as 10 first-year students who are Albion residents and attended Albion Public Schools in grades 6-8. Read more
President Ditzler talks about the initiative on WBCK-FM
Reopening the Bohm: Read about a landmark internship for Andrea Walles, '15
Albion College's Sister City efforts earn a national award
Watch an expert panel discuss "Albion Tomorrow"
Since 1973, Albion's business program has based on the professional and personal paradigm that led the life and career of former Dow Chemical Chairman of the Board, Carl A. Gerstacker. He believed that high ethical standards and a commitment to people were the key components in developing and sustaining a successful business. In keeping with his example, the Institute follows these precepts.
To be known internationally for our ability to teach young business professionals how to, individually and within teams, achieve incredible results in the marketplace.
To provide our students with the skills, knowledge, experience, character, and confidence needed to succeed in their business careers.
To provide outstanding support services that exceed the expectations of our students, alumni and business professionals.
- We uphold a high standard of ethics.
- We put people first.
- We promote an atmosphere of camaraderie.
- We honor our long tradition of excellence.
- We encourage diversity within our team and realize that a difference of ideas makes us better people.
- The Liberal Arts Curriculum - The core that makes our graduates strong.
- Recruiting great people - The most important factor in our long-term success.
- Developing our current students - Is our focus and the most important part of what we do.
- Promote an atmosphere of camaraderie - We work to foster a sense of community and a feeling of family.
- Exposure to businesses - Is the key element in developing the professional skills of our students.
- Our alumni are our most important resource - We want them to be a part of us, be proud of us, and be supported by us.
- We will be selective in the types of students recruited by the Gerstacker Institute using class rank, G.P.A., test scores, and personal attitude as primary entrance standards.
- Our focus is to develop students in business disciplines and the welfare of our students is our top priority.
- We will embrace a process of continuous improvement.
- Our alumni will always be our most important resource.
- We will always keep the goals of the Gerstacker Institute in perspective with the vision and policies of Albion College.