Centered on Community
Starting in Fall 2015, Albion College will annually offer four-year tuition, room, and board to as many as 10 first-year students who are Albion residents and attended Albion Public Schools in grades 6-8. Read more
President Ditzler talks about the initiative on WBCK-FM
Reopening the Bohm: Read about a landmark internship for Andrea Walles, '15
Albion College's Sister City efforts earn a national award
Watch an expert panel discuss "Albion Tomorrow"
FURSCA conference grants are available primarily to assist students with travel to present research results at professional meetings. Awards are limited to $600. The student must fill out the application form below, indicating the title of the presentation, and provide a copy of the abstract and/or an abstract acceptance notification. Applications for student conference grants should be signed by the faculty sponsor and the appropriate department chairperson or Center/Institute director, then submitted to FURSCA's Coordinator, Starr Weaver, Seeley Mudd Library Room 108, phone 517/629-0833.
This needs to be done prior to the meeting.
Students giving presentations at conferences may request funds for the following purposes:
- Train/Airfare: Arrangements should be made well in advance of travel. The purchase of tickets can be done via a purchase order if sufficient time is allowed. Otherwise, the student can be reimbursed after submitting a paid receipt.
- Lodging: A check can be issued, payable to the hotel, prior to travel. Or, the student can be reimbursed after submitting a paid receipt.
- Meeting registration: Can be paid in advance, or reimbursed with paid receipt.
- Meals: Up to $30 per day is available. Receipts must be provided.
- Mileage: If a personal vehicle is to be used, an estimate of the total miles for the trip should be provided on the conference grant application. The standard $0.56 per mile will be reimbursed after the trip.
- Other transportation, parking, etc.: Receipts must be provided.
Receipts must be submitted for reimbursement within 14 days after the meeting.
FURSCA requires that students who receive a conference grant write a short paragraph after they return, describing what they felt were the highlights of the conference. The purpose of this is to encourage you to participate fully in the experience of attending a professional meeting, above and beyond giving your own presentation. This "report" should be submitted with your receipts after the meeting.
Applications for conference grants are accepted on an on-going basis during the semester; however, you must apply for funding before you have incurred the expenses for which you are requesting reimbursement.
Student Proposal Deadlines
|Fall Research Grant||Friday, 10/03/14, noon|
|Fall Conference Grant||Rolling deadline.|
|Spring Research Grant||Friday, 01/30/15, noon|
|Spring Conference Grant||Friday, 03/06/15, 3 pm|
|Summer Research Grant||Friday, 02/13/15, noon|
|Fall 2013||Monday, 10/06/14, 3 pm|
|Spring 2014||Monday, 02/02/15, 3 pm|
|Summer 2014||Monday, 02/16/15, 3 pm|