Centered on Community
Starting in Fall 2015, Albion College will annually offer four-year tuition, room, and board to as many as 10 first-year students who are Albion residents and attended Albion Public Schools in grades 6-8. Read more
President Ditzler talks about the initiative on WBCK-FM
Reopening the Bohm: Read about a landmark internship for Andrea Walles, '15
Albion College's Sister City efforts earn a national award
Watch an expert panel discuss "Albion Tomorrow"
Resources for Personal Growth
Tips for Individual Spiritual Practice
The Office of the Chaplain offers one-page "tips" for spiritual practice in a variety of traditions. Most of these ideas can be practiced alone; a few require participation in a group. Students are welcome to stop by the Office of the Chaplain to pick up one-page "tips" on any of the following traditions:
- Spiritual but Not Religious
Many students seek to integrate meditation into their life. There are a number of ways on campus to find help in this:
- Yoga Class. Taking this for-credit course is one of the most accessible ways to learn to meditate.
- Buddhist Sitting Group. Beginning in the fall 2010 semester, this group will be focused on Buddhist traditions of meditation.
- Counseling Services. Many of the counselors on staff can help resource individuals interested in meditation.
- Idiot's Guide to Meditation is available in the Boyd Meditation Chapel, along with other how-to literature (e.g., Zen).
Bible Studies and Prayer Groups
Many Christian groups on campus host Bible studies and prayer groups, using a wide variety of curriculum. For more information, please contact the Office of the Chaplain if you are interested in learning more, attending, or leading a study/prayer group.
Many students find support for their spiritual growth through counseling sessions at Counseling Services. To learn more, call their office at x0236.
Meet with the Chaplain
Many students find support for their spiritual growth, as well as prayer and pastoral presence, through meeting with the College Chaplain. To learn more, call the office at x0492.