Conversation on Community
Richard Longworth, senior fellow of The Chicago Council on Global Affairs and an expert on globalization's impact on the Midwest, spoke with WMUK in Kalamazoo leading up to his participation on the September 11 "Albion Tomorrow" panel discussion.
Weight Room Rules and Regulations
The following guidelines should be honored at all times in the weight room:
- You must be 16 years of age to use this room or be under the direct supervision of an adult.
- Proper exercise attire (shirt and shorts) and athletic shoes required.
- No food or drink allowed in the weight room (a plastic water bottle with a lid is acceptable).
- Always remove weights from bars and return all weights to proper racks, return additional machine weights and bench/incline pins to standard position.
- When using the free weights, always use spotters.
- Do not drop bars or lean plates against equipment.
- Do not alter or abuse machines and free weight area with reckless technique or improper use.
- Do not lean against or put your hands on the mirrors.
- Horseplay or unsafe activity is not acceptable behavior in the weight room.
- No tobacco products allowed in the weight room.
- This is a classroom for physical education during the academic year; the weight room will be closed during class time.
- We encourage you bring your own towel to wipe the machines after use; we will not provide towels for personal use. The machines will be cleaned daily by Dow Center personnel.
- See the Dow Center personnel for stereo station change.
- Volume level of the stereo has been determined by the manufacturer and will not be increased to protect the function of the speakers.
- Personal CD players and Walkmans are encouraged; any larger devices will not be permissible.
- The use of profanity will not be tolerated.
- Do not prop open doors to the weight room.
The weight room is located within the Lomas Fieldhouse, adjacent to the right of the main entrance. The facility is open to all students and weight room-members during regular facility hours.
The weight room includes the following Cybex® International VR and VR2 models:
- 4-way neck machine
- Standard calf raise
- Rotary hipProne leg curl
- Leg extension
- Leg press
- Chest press
- Shoulder press
- Lateral raise
- Lateral pull down
- Torso rotationFly
- Abdominal crunch
- Olympic benches (flat and incline)
- Power racks
- Olympic platforms
- Rubber dumbells (5-100 lbs.)
Dow Center - Membership Information
Membership Rate Informatiom
- All memberships must be paid for in full and a waiver signed on the date of purchase.
- Annual membership term is from the date of purchase.
- Albion College reserves the right to terminate membership at any time.
- Membership cards or college IDs MUST be shown to gain access.
- Hours subject to change.
- Must be 18 years old to use weightroom of be in the Dow without an adult.
- The membership pass is non-transferable. The pass entitles ONLY the pictured member access to the facilities.
|Fieldhouse and Pool (year only)|
|Fieldhouse (Year only)|
|Double (2 members, not related)||$450|
|Spouse (if over 62)||$50|
|AALL||25% discount (alumnus rate not applicable)|
|4 month- single||$125 (alumnus 1/2 price)|
|4 month- spouse||$35 (alumnus 1/2 price)|
|4 month- family||$200 (alumnus 1/2 price)|
|Fall and Spring session memberships|
|Adult||$150 each session|
|Junior||$130 each session|
|Full season membership|
|Junior (18 and under)||$220|
|Court time||$14.00 an hour|
|Pool - 4 Month|
|Pool - Year|
*Individual memberships available only to adults (18 or older).
**Individuals included in family must be IRS dependents.
****Children under 10 years old must be accompanied by someone 13 or older for admission into the pool.