Although the Whitehouse Nature Center encourages all to participate in its educational and passive recreational offerings, certain activities detract from its intended purpose and mission.
The following activities are not permitted in the Center:
- Horseback riding
- Unleashed dogs
- Alcoholic beverages
- Picking of plants
- Removal of any natural objects (living or not)
- Motorized vehicles of any type
Team running is discouraged due to the disruption to the wildlife and quiet setting.
Remember, the Nature Center is your place to enjoy, not destroy; to linger, not litter. Thank you!
Please see the Hours page for trail and Visitor Center hours of operation.
To report violations
Albion College Campus Safety: 517-629-1234
Nature Center Director: 517-629-0582
Electric Vehicle Support
The Albion College Campus currently supports 3 methods of charging electirc vehicles on campus.
1. At the Science Complex, in the east parking lot, there is an EVI (Electric Vehicle Infrastructure) DS-200-Dl. This supports up to two vehicles, providing either 110 or 220 volts via a type 3s connector.
2. Camous Safety has a GEM LSV-100 Opportunity charger. This is a 220 VAC chrger specifically designed for the GEM car.
3. The Grounds department also utilizes a GEM electric vehicle. This unit uses any standard 110 V outlet.
Pleasse feel free to contact us if you have any questions, concerns, or comments.
Reptilles and Amphibians
Common Snapping Turtle
Are you curious when there might be recruiters from Albion at an event near you?
Recruiters from Albion travel quite frequently during the spring, summer, and fall to various events throughout the Midwest, New England, and the greater U.S. We invite you to come and meet us when we're out and about!
- United States Pony Club Championship East
Mill Spring, NC
July 27-31, 2016
- Michigan Interscholastic Horsemanship Association State Championship
October 13-16, 2016
- College Preparatory Invitational
West Palm Beach, FL
January 13-15, 2017
- Equine Affaire
April 6-9, 2017
- Midwest Horse Fair
April 21-23, 2017
- Interscholastic Equestrian Association Hunt Seat National Finals
April 2017 - (Location and Date TBA)