VMware (virtual network)
VMware is a virtualization technology which allows you to connect to your Albion office/lab machine when you are home or traveling so you may access the Albion network as you would on campus.
Instructions to connect to VMware via a web browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome):
- Enter https://hvgw1.albion.edu/portal/webclient/index.html#/disclaimer into your browser of choice
- Read and accept disclaimer.Click Accept.
- Enter your Albion network Username and Password. Please be certain the "Domain" field is left as "Albion"
- Select the "Staff" or "Student Lab" button
- If prompted, select "I understand the Risks" "Add Exception" and "Confirm Security Exception"
- You will soon see a campus desktop with the Albion background through which you can access campus resources.
- When finished, select "Log Off" from the Start menu.
WARNING: Save all documents and files onto your network drives (G, H, W, P) as files saved onto the virtual machine desktop will be lost.
If you have any questions or problems, please contact the helpdesk at 517-629-0479 or email .
Vice President of Finance and Administration
Director of Business and Auxiliary Services
Senior Finance Analyst
Constituent Information Request Form
The Albion College Alumni/Donor Database (including Banner, Profiles, and Versa) contains biographic, contact, and gift/pledge information on College alumni, donors, parents, and friends. The Alumni/Donor database is maintained for purposes related to Institutional Advancement (IA) programs and is subject to IA policies and procedures.
College employees should divulge no address, telephone, or other information from the Alumni/Donor database to non-College persons, unless appropriate College administrators determine that disclosure is required by law. An IA employee who receives a request for the contact information of a specific individual should offer to call the individual in question and request permission to share his / her contact information with the requester.
In accordance with Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE) standards, employees will:
- Safeguard and respect donor and prospective donor information;
- Honor the wishes of an individual and/or organizational constituent with regard to how directory information and/or giving history is used;
- Record and keep only information relevant to cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship;
- Identify the source of retained information;
- Safeguard prospective donor, donor, and other constituent lists compiled by the institution as the property of the institution; these lists may not be distributed or used for unauthorized purposes or for personal gain;
- Make every effort to ensure that volunteers, vendors, and external entities with access to constituent information understand and agree to comply with the organization's confidentiality and public disclosure policies.
If staff members are found to violate any of these conditions of confidentiality as described above, Albion College considers that to be a dischargeable offense.
If you have questions concerning this confidentiality statement or anything else discussed concerning confidentiality, please contact your supervisor.
Appropriate Use of Information Agreement
- Contact information for alumni, parents, and friends may be shared upon approval of a request for a particular use and can be utilized for a variety of reasons: sharing information and news, providing updates on activities and programs, extending invitations to events, distributing surveys, etc. Requested information cannot be used to solicit donations.
- Approval of the content will be handled through the process outlined above. Requests for information from IA must come only from individuals authorized to secure such information. The Assistant Director of Advancement Services approves all request forms.
- Disclosure of this information to unauthorized parties could violate the Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act (FERPA). All information received must only be used for the sole purpose stated in this information request and then destroyed in a secure manner. Data should never be used for communication pieces that are not previously approved.
- Data will be provided in Excel spreadsheet format and sent only to the requester's Albion College email address (if the requester is a faculty or staff member). All provided data have a 30-day expiration. If more than 30 days have passed since that data were provided, the requester should destroy the provided data and request a refresh.
- In exchange for this information, it is expected that any and all updates to constituent contact information will be shared with IA so that the Alumni/Donor Database can reflect the new information. Requesters are asked to forward any updates regarding these data to: .
- Contact Sandy Covington, Associate Director of Prospect Development and Analytics, (x0546, ) with questions.
Statement of Consequences
Campus constituents who violate any part of the above agreement are subject to disciplinary action at the discretion of the President's Office.
Please complete the form below to have your request processed.
Constituent Information Request Program
Purpose & Objectives
The Office of Institutional Advancement (IA) acknowledges the need for Albion College departments, institutes, centers, and other campus entities to have reasonable access to the contact information of alumni, parents, and friends. This document aims to provide a standardized information request process that is efficient, that is user-friendly, and that facilitates information sharing between Albion College entities.
Providing departments, institutes, and other campus partners with reasonable access to constituent information will:
- Enable them to communicate more effectively and thoroughly with their audiences;
- Provide them with additional confidence in the accuracy of the contact information they are using;
- Increase the overall level of engagement between Albion College and its constituencies;
- Equip IA staff members with information that can help them to strategically engage constituents; and
- Ensure more consistency and unity in the College's communications with constituents.
IA partners that are covered under this program include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- Academic Departments
- Alumni Association Board Members
- Alumni Chapter Leadership
- Alumni Reunion Volunteers
- Athletic Team Staff Members
- Board of Trustees Members
- Campus Programs & Organizations Staff Members
- Development Committees
- Greek Organization Staff Members
- Centers and Institutes Staff Members
- Parent Leadership Council Members
- Student Group Advisors
The following is the process by which contact information can be requested.
- The requester agrees to the terms of the confidentiality statement and the agreement on appropriate use of the requested information.
- A faculty or staff member or College volunteer submits a written request to the Assistant Director of Advancement Services via an online form. If the requester is an employee, his / her division head must be copied on the request. If the requester is not an employee, he / she should have a faculty or staff member sponsor. The Assistant Director of Advancement Services will notify other IA units as appropriate.
- Advancement Services works with IT to create the list and distributes an Excel spreadsheet to the requester. IA asks for two weeks' notice on requests when possible.
- Data Verification: Each requester is asked to submit the names of five people who should be on the requested list and five who are not to help ensure the data's accuracy. Data integrity is a shared responsibility.
- When appropriate, Marketing and Communications provides design templates and guidelines.