B12: A Bite with 12 Brits
"A Bite with 12 Brits" builds and strengthens the Albion community by creating an informal environment for Albion alumni and current students to make real connections with one another. As a host, you provide opportunities for current students to enhance their professional network and social skills in a trusted setting.
It's easy. You agree to host a simple meal, as informal or formal as you wish, on the date and time of day of your choice. You are welcome to invite other alumni or professional colleagues who will enhance the conversations and student experience. The College will invite 10 students and two faculty/staff members to participate and provide transportation to and from your home.
If you are interested in hosting a Bite with 12 Brits, here are some simple steps to make your "B12" a success:
- Decide on a date, time, location, and the number of people you can accommodate (it doesn't have to be 12 people).
- Select the meal format (e.g. dinner, weekend lunch, brunch, desserts and coffee, etc.) These occasions need not be elaborate. Our students will be most appreciative of your hospitality and the opportunity to gain insights from and make connections with alumni who share their professional interests.
- Provide us with a brief biography of yourself and an initial message to the guests that we can forward along on your behalf.
- Let us know how your event went by filling out an evaluation at your convenience.
Sound like something you'd like to do? Let us know, and we will get the ball rolling! Contact the Office of Annual Giving and Alumni Engagement online or call 517/629-0448.
As Albion alumni, you are in a special position to keep Albion College strong and vibrant for generations to come. There are many ways to be actively involved with other alumni and your alma mater. Here are some simple things you can do to make a difference:
- Join one of our Alumni Association chapters that provide social and career networking, educational and community service opportunities, and activities to interact with current and incoming students in your area.
- Nominate yourself or another alumnus/alumna to be a member of your Alumni Association Board of Directors.
- Come back to campus for alumni/student networking or professional development events or other enriching events on campus.
- Let us know if your company has internships available for our current students.
- Mentor a student in your career field or area of residence through our Brit-to-Brit program.
- Travel with other alumni and/or our students on both international and national expeditions.
- Volunteer to help plan your class reunions or participate in other events on or off campus.
- Submit nominations for alumni awards, including the Distinguished Alumni Award and the Young Alumni Award.
- Contribute to the Albion College Fund, endow a scholarship, or include Albion in your estate plans. Encourage others to give. Let us know if we should contact an organization or individual to financially support Albion.
For more information, contact the Office of Annual Giving and Alumni Engagement online or call 517/629-0448.
They're not just on campus anymore.
You know about Homecoming. You know about alumni reunions at Albion. But you might not know that we come your way, too. Meet Britons in your area and stay connected with your classmates and friends—even faculty, staff, and current students. Our photo galleries capture the fun.
Find events below and in our complete calendar listing—we hope to see you on campus or at a gathering near you!
The Albion College community is always interested in hearing from alumni and friends. Whether it is a marriage, birth of a child, job change, promotion, award, special recognition, or any other news you’d like to share, we’d like to know. Please use the form below to keep us current with what you’re doing and update your contact info so we can notify you regarding alumni programs, benefits and opportunities, class reunions or related developments.
Information updates may also be faxed to 517/629-0566 or mailed to:
Office of Annual Giving and Alumni Engagement
611 E. Porter St.
Albion, MI 49224
As a graduate of Albion College, you can access the online alumni directory to review your current contact information and see names, addresses, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses of classmates and friends. If you have previously contacted the Office of Alumni Engagement at 517/629-0448 to gain access, you can log in to the Directory now.