Stay connected to all Albion College alumni and friends in your area. Find classmates, network, or learn how to get involved. Most of all, have fun!
These regional alumni chapters will build a community of learning, support, networking, and service among alumni, parents, and current students. The chapters are catalysts for alumni networking and socializing. Check out a chapter in your area, get involved, and remember just how much fun it is to be a Brit!
How do I get involved?
If there is not already a chapter in your area, contact the Office of Alumni Engagement online or call 517/629-0247 to discuss opportunities to network with fellow alumni.
Chapters serve, support, and participate in the life of Albion; connect alumni with each other and represent Albion to others.
The A Team!
One of the most valuable contributions alumni and parents can make to Albion is to assist in our recruitment of talented new students. You can help the Admission Office expand the scope of its recruitment efforts by representing Albion in a number of ways as a member of The A Team!
The A Team serves to identify and recruit well-qualified students to Albion, to create a network for students who have applied to or enrolled at Albion, and to build relationships with local high schools.
Overview of The A Team
The A Team provides a wonderful opportunity for alumni to support their alma mater, serve their communities, and assist Albion's admission efforts. Become part of an alumni volunteer network across the country and around the world. Volunteers provide a local and personal link between Albion and prospective students and families—a very important part of the admission process.
Goals of the Program
- Encourage the most qualified and talented students to apply to Albion by supporting year-long admission efforts.
- Improve knowledge in your community of Albion and its admission criteria.
- Provide an opportunity for alumni to stay up-to-date with the College by serving as a local ambassador.
Interested? To learn more, contact the Office of Annual Giving and Alumni Engagement online or call 517/629-0448.
B12: A Bite with 12 Brits
"A Bite with 12 Brits" builds and strengthens the Albion community by creating an informal environment for Albion alumni and current students to make real connections with one another. As a host, you provide opportunities for current students to enhance their professional network and social skills in a trusted setting.
It's easy. You agree to host a simple meal, as informal or formal as you wish, on the date and time of day of your choice. You are welcome to invite other alumni or professional colleagues who will enhance the conversations and student experience. The College will invite 10 students and two faculty/staff members to participate and provide transportation to and from your home.
If you are interested in hosting a Bite with 12 Brits, here are some simple steps to make your "B12" a success:
- Decide on a date, time, location, and the number of people you can accommodate (it doesn't have to be 12 people).
- Select the meal format (e.g. dinner, weekend lunch, brunch, desserts and coffee, etc.) These occasions need not be elaborate. Our students will be most appreciative of your hospitality and the opportunity to gain insights from and make connections with alumni who share their professional interests.
- Provide us with a brief biography of yourself and an initial message to the guests that we can forward along on your behalf.
- Let us know how your event went by filling out an evaluation at your convenience.
Sound like something you'd like to do? Let us know, and we will get the ball rolling! Contact the Office of Annual Giving and Alumni Engagement online or call 517/629-0448.
As Albion alumni, you are in a special position to keep Albion College strong and vibrant for generations to come. There are many ways to be actively involved with other alumni and your alma mater. Here are some simple things you can do to make a difference:
- Join one of our Alumni Association chapters that provide social and career networking, educational and community service opportunities, and activities to interact with current and incoming students in your area.
- Be a class agent to connect classmates with one another and with Albion.
- Nominate yourself or another alumnus/alumna to be a member of your Alumni Association Board of Directors.
- Come back to campus for alumni/student networking or professional development events or other enriching events on campus.
- Let us know if your company has internships available for our current students.
- Mentor a student in your career field or area of residence through our Brit-to-Brit program.
- Travel with other alumni and/or our students on both international and national expeditions.
- Volunteer to help plan your class reunions or participate in other events on or off campus.
- Submit nominations for alumni awards, including the Distinguished Alumni Award and the Young Alumni Award.
- Contribute to the Albion College Fund, endow a scholarship, or include Albion in your estate plans. Encourage others to give. Let us know if we should contact an organization or individual to financially support Albion.
For more information, contact the Office of Annual Giving and Alumni Engagement online or call 517/629-0448.