B12: A Bite with 12 Brits
"A Bite with 12 Brits" builds and strengthens the Albion community by creating an informal environment for Albion alumni and current students to make real connections with one another. As a host, you provide opportunities for current students to enhance their professional network and social skills in a trusted setting.
It's easy. You agree to host a simple meal, as informal or formal as you wish, on the date and time of day of your choice. You are welcome to invite other alumni or professional colleagues who will enhance the conversations and student experience. The College will invite 10 students and two faculty/staff members to participate and provide transportation to and from your home.
If you are interested in hosting a Bite with 12 Brits, here are some simple steps to make your "B12" a success:
- Decide on a date, time, location, and the number of people you can accommodate (it doesn't have to be 12 people).
- Select the meal format (e.g. dinner, weekend lunch, brunch, desserts and coffee, etc.) These occasions need not be elaborate. Our students will be most appreciative of your hospitality and the opportunity to gain insights from and make connections with alumni who share their professional interests.
- Provide us with a brief biography of yourself and an initial message to the guests that we can forward along on your behalf.
- Let us know how your event went by filling out an evaluation at your convenience.
Sound like something you'd like to do? Let us know, and we will get the ball rolling! Contact the Office of Annual Giving and Alumni Engagement online or call 517/629-0448.
Brit-to-Brit: Career Mentors
Albion's Brit-to-Brit program provides an opportunity for our alumni to offer their insights about their career fields as a mentor to current students. This program is a great way to 'pay forward' and help students prepare for life after graduation.
As an Albion College alumnus/alumna, you know the quality of our students and of the educational experience at Albion. You also may know alumni professionals who have expertise in fields beyond what might be available at the College. If you are interested in assisting current Albion students, we are interested in adding you to our network of mentors.
We encourage our alumni to sign up for Brit-to-Brit to become a career mentor through our online mentoring network. As a mentor you will have the chance to be a valuable resource to current students (or recent graduates) who are interested in exploring their career options and developing their networking skills. Once registered as a mentor, students and graduates who are interested in your expertise will contact you through the online system.
If you do not wish to be part of the Brit-to-Brit program but prefer to offer your expertise by participating in a program, workshop, or other experiential learning opportunity, please contact the Career and Internship Center online or call 517/629-0332.
As Albion alumni, you are in a special position to keep Albion College strong and vibrant for generations to come. There are many ways to be actively involved with other alumni and your alma mater. Here are some simple things you can do to make a difference:
- Join one of our Alumni Association chapters that provide social and career networking, educational and community service opportunities, and activities to interact with current and incoming students in your area.
- Be a class agent to connect classmates with one another and with Albion.
- Nominate yourself or another alumnus/alumna to be a member of your Alumni Association Board of Directors.
- Help recruit students as a member of The A Team–Albion alumni and parents who assist with admission efforts.
- Come back to campus for alumni/student networking or professional development events or other enriching events on campus.
- Let us know if your company has internships available for our current students.
- Mentor a student in your career field or area of residence through our Brit-to-Brit program.
- Travel with other alumni and/or our students on both international and national expeditions.
- Volunteer to help plan your class reunions or participate in other events on or off campus.
- Submit nominations for alumni awards, including the Distinguished Alumni Award and the Young Alumni Award.
- Contribute to the Albion College Fund, endow a scholarship, or include Albion in your estate plans. Encourage others to give. Let us know if we should contact an organization or individual to financially support Albion.
For more information, contact the Office of Annual Giving and Alumni Engagement online or call 517/629-0448.
Alumni Services and Resources