Community Outreach and Services
Several campus departments and organizations provide services to the greater community. Interested individuals should contact each office directly for details about service availability and applicable fees.
Library access and borrowers' cards
The Stockwell-Mudd Libraries allow area residents to use the library collections and to check out materials with a community borrower's card.
Lodging, catering, and conferences
Dining and Hospitality Services offers overnight accommodations at College-owned properties. This office also coordinates summer conferences and caters events hosted on campus.
Nature center and trails
The Whitehouse Nature Center (right) features scenic nature trails in a 144-acre preserve. Trails are open to the public daily from dawn to dusk. Nature Center staff provide programming for school-age children as well as enrichment classes for adults.
Public computing lab
Information Technology welcomes members of the community to use its Mudd Library computer lab on a space available basis when the lab is staffed.
Student service organizations
- Alpha Phi Omega is a national co-educational service fraternity that brings together college students with a common interest in service. At Albion, the Alpha Gamma Lambda chapter has brought together students from a variety of student groups and backgrounds, from social Greek fraternities and sororities, members of Albion’s student government, music students, and more.
- Best Buddies matches college students with mildly mentally impaired community members as friends. Members make a commitment to spend time with their buddies on a weekly basis in addition to attending monthly group outings.
- Habitat For Humanity works in conjunction with the Greater Albion Habitat for Humanity to provide low-cost housing to families who display a need. This is done through the building and renovation of homes in Albion and the surrounding area.
- Students Together Raising Integrity, Values, and Excellence (STRIVE) consists of Albion College students and professors who work together throughout the year to facilitate and mentor small groups of Albion Middle School students.
- Student Volunteer Bureau (SVB) is composed of a student director and nine coordinators who are responsible for supporting and supplying services to existing volunteer programs and assisting in developing new ones. These programs extend into the community of Albion, as well as at the college itself.
Contact the Office of Campus Programs and Organizations for more information about group membership and activities.