Centered on Community
Starting in Fall 2015, Albion College will annually offer four-year tuition, room, and board to as many as 10 first-year students who are Albion residents and attended Albion Public Schools in grades 6-8. Read more
President Ditzler talks about the initiative on WBCK-FM
Reopening the Bohm: Read about a landmark internship for Andrea Walles, '15
Albion College's Sister City efforts earn a national award
Watch an expert panel discuss "Albion Tomorrow"
Freshman Year: Self-Assessment & Career Planning
It is important to begin career planning early in your college career. Knowing how your interests relate to a potential career will assist you as you chose decide on your academic focus while at Albion College.
- Meet with a Career Development staff member to learn how to develop and implement a personalized 4-year career plan.
- Assess personal interests, characteristics, strengths and values through career Self-Assessment Tests.
- Visit the Career Resource Center in the Career and Internship Center to research various career fields and experiential opportunities such as internships.
- Actively participate in the First-Year Experience seminar.
- Check out the resources on choosing a major to learn about a variety of career opportunities.
- Get involved! Join a student organization, volunteer, and/or get an on-campus job.
- Register for core requirements and elective classes to investigate academic majors of interest. Visit with your faculty advisor for assistance in choosing classes.
- Get a summer job that will provide you with an opportunity to learn about a career field that interests you.
Get to know the staff in the Career and Internship Center and use all our resources to your advantage!