Centered on Community
Albion College offers four-year tuition, room and board to as many as 10 first-year students who are Albion residents and attended Albion Public Schools in grades 6-8. Learn about the Build Albion Fellows Program
President Ditzler talks about the initiative on WBCK-FM
Reopening the Bohm: Read about a landmark internship for Andrea Walles, '15
Albion College's Sister City efforts earn a national award
Watch an expert panel discuss "Albion Tomorrow"
Listen to the Town & Gown podcast series
The Office of Campus Safety assists students traveling to or from Detroit Metropolitan Airport by providing transportation to Ann Arbor to meet the Michigan Flyer. This service is subject to the requirements and limitations listed below.
IMPORTANT: To guarantee transportation, students must submit the online Airport Transportation form to Campus Safety at least one week prior to the date of arrival/departure. If one week notice is not given, transportation will only be provided if staff and a vehicle are available on the date/time the transportation is needed. In addition, these requests are subject to an additional $15.00 fee.
***Please note that the Michigan Flyer no longer makes stops at the Kensington Hotel, only downtown Ann Arbor at the Blake Transportation Center. This change was effective May 19th, 2016. Make sure to adjust your travel plans accordingly.***
Campus Safety does not provide transportation for students to/from Ann Arbor for this service at any time during the academic year, subject to the limitations and process listed below.
Arranging transportation to and/or from Detroit Metro Airport
1. After you have made your flight arrangements, go to the Michigan Flyer web site to view the schedule and make a reservation to ride the Michigan Flyer. You may also call 1-888-MI-FLYER (888-643-5937).
2. Fill out the Campus Safety Airport Transportation Form, provide the required information, and click 'send' . Campus Safety will contact you to confirm the arrangements for your transportation to the Blake Transportation Center in Ann Arbor, where you will meet the Michigan Flyer. (NOTE: Campus Safety will only transport students to this location in Ann Arbor.)
Cost and payment
- You are responsible for payment to the Michigan Flyer for transportation to and from the airport. Rate information is available on the Michigan Flyer website.
- In addition to the Michigan Flyer cost, you will be charged $50 each way by the College for transportation to and from Ann Arbor. This amount will be added to your student account.
- Campus Safety will offer a reduced rate of $35 each way for two or three persons traveling together.
- Students who do not submit the Airport Transportation Form at least one week prior to the date of arrival/departure will be charged an additional $15.00 if Campus Safety is able to provide the requested transport.
Requirements and limitations
- This service is only available for currently enrolled Albion students during the academic year.
- Campus Safety does not normally provide this service on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve, or New Year's Day.
- Students are wholly responsible for all arrangements and communication with the Michigan Flyer. This includes making, changing, or cancelling reservations, and making payment.
- Campus Safety will only guarantee transportation to/from Ann Arbor if students complete the shuttle sign up form at least one week in advance of the date transportation is needed.
- Students are responsible for notifying Campus Safety of any changes in travel plans. Students who fail to do so are subject to an additional $50 fee.
- Campus Safety can transport a maximum of three students per trip to/from Ann Arbor. Availability is on a first come, first serve basis.
- Campus Safety is not able to provide this service to student organizations or other groups.