IMPORTANT: As of April 1, 2012, the Michigan Flyer is no longer making stops in Jackson. Transportation will be provided to/from the Kensington Hotel in Ann Arbor, and the cost will increase to $50 each way ($35.00 if more than one student is traveling).
Since this service is accessed in Ann Arbor, Campus Safety will now provide transportation for students to/from Ann Arbor for this service at any time during the academic year, subject to the limitations and process listed below.
To guarantee transportation, students must register for transportation with Campus Safety at least one week prior to the date of the transport.
Arranging transportation to and/or from Detroit Metro Airport
1. After you have made your flight arrangements, make a reservation to ride the Michigan Flyer.
- View Michigan Flyer Schedule.
- Make a Michigan Flyer Reservation.
- The Michigan Flyer can also be contacted by calling 1-888-MI-FLYER (888-643-5937).
2. Fill out Campus Safety Airport Transportation Form, provide the required information, and click 'send' . Campus Safety will contact you to confirm the arrangements for your transportation to the Kensington Hotel in Ann Arbor, where you will meet the Michigan Flyer.
Cost and payment
- You are responsible for payment to the Michigan Flyer for transportation to and from the airport. Rate information is available on the Michiigan Flyer website.
- In addition to the Michigan Flyer cost, you will be charged $50 each way by the College for transportation to and from Jackson. This amount will be added to your student account.
- Campus Safety will offer a reduced rate of $35 each way for two or three persons traveling together.
Requirements and limitations
- This service is only available for currently enrolled Albion students during the academic year.
- Students are wholly responsible for all arrangements and communication with the Michigan Flyer. This includes making, changing, or cancelling reservations, and making payment.
- Campus Safety will only guarantee transportation to/from Ann Arbor if students complete the shuttle sign up form at least one week in advance of the date transportation is needed.
- Students are responsible for notifying Campus Safety of any changes in travel plans. Students who fail to do so are subject to an additional $50 fee.
- Campus Safety can transport a maximum of three students per trip to/from Ann Arbor. Availability is on a first come, first serve basis.
- Campus Safety is not able to provide this service to student organizations or other groups.