Centered on Community
Albion College offers four-year tuition, room and board to as many as 10 first-year students who are Albion residents and attended Albion Public Schools in grades 6-8. Learn about the Build Albion Fellows Program
President Ditzler talks about the initiative on WBCK-FM
Reopening the Bohm: Read about a landmark internship for Andrea Walles, '15
Albion College's Sister City efforts earn a national award
Watch an expert panel discuss "Albion Tomorrow"
Listen to the Town & Gown podcast series
The Office of Campus Safety assists students traveling to or from Detroit Metropolitan Airport by providing transportation to Ann Arbor to meet the Michigan Flyer. This service is subject to the requirements and limitations listed below.
October 12, 2016-To assist students travelling to and from home for the upcoming holiday breaks. Campus Safety has added some additional shuttle options to and from Detroit Metro Airport as well as the Battle Creek and Jackson Train Stations.
Shuttle Service to Battle Creek and Jackson Train Stations for Thanksgiving Break
To assist students traveling home for Thanksgiving, Campus Safety will be providing a limited shuttle service to and from the Battle Creek and Jackson Train stations as described below.
Battle Creek Train Station:
On Tuesday, November 22nd, Campus Safety will offer a shuttle to the Battle Creek Train Station for students who wish to take the train from Battle Creek to Chicago. The shuttle will depart at 6:00 P.M. from Campus Safety for Battle Creek. Campus Safety will also provide transportation from the Battle Creek Train Station to Albion at 8:00 P.M. Sunday, November 27, 2016.
Jackson Train Station:
On Tuesday, November 22nd, Campus Safety will offer a shuttle to the Jackson Train Station for students who wish to take the train from Jackson to Detroit. The shuttle will depart at 9:00 P.M. from Campus Safety for Jackson. Campus Safety will also provide transportation from the Jackson Train Station to Albion at 1:00 P.M. Sunday, November 27, 2016.
The cost for the shuttle is $5.00 per student each way, or $10.00 round trip. No prepayment is required; the charge will be added to student accounts.
Students wishing to utilize any of these shuttles must make reservations with Campus Safety by 5:00 P.M. Tuesday, November 15, 2016. Reservations are made using this form. Be sure to indicate in the comments section at the bottom of the form that the request is for the shuttle to Battle Creek or Jackson on 11/22/16. Also be sure to indicate whether you plan to utilize the return shuttle on November 27, 2016.
As a reminder, Campus Safety provides free transportation for students to or from the Albion Train station. An Amtrak departs Albion daily at 1:21 P.M. for Chicago, and arrives at 5:08 P.M. daily in Albion from Chicago. There is also a bus that leaves Albion at 4:05 P.M. daily for Chicago. In addition, an Amtrak departs Albion daily for Detroit at 5:08 P.M., and a bus that leaves Albion at 11:10 P.M daily for Detroit as well. Students should call Campus Safety 30 minutes prior to their departure time from or arrival time to the Albion Train station.
Shuttle Service to Battle Creek and Jackson Train Stations for Christmas Break
Campus Safety will offer a similar shuttle service to and from these train stations for the Christmas Break. A schedule for these shuttles will be published by the end of October.
CHANGE IN CAMPUS SAFETY AIRPORT TRANSPORTATION SERVICE FOR CHRISTMAS BREAK
To provide students with a more affordable option to travel to and from Detroit Metro Airport for the Holiday Break, Campus Safety is providing a shuttle directly to the aiport as described below.
A shuttle will depart from Campus Safety for Detroit Metro Airport at 9:00 A.M. on the following dates:
*Saturday, December 3, 2016* *Monday, December 5, 2016* *Tuesday, December 6, 2016* *Wednesday, December 7, 2016* *Thursday, December 8, 2016*
A shuttle will be available to pick students up from Detroit Metro Airport after the break at 4:00 P.M. on the following dates:
*Saturday, January 14, 2017* *Sunday, January 15, 2017* *Monday January 16, 2017*
The cost for the shuttle is $15.00 per student each way, or $30.00 round trip. No prepayment is required; the charge will be added to student accounts.
Students wishing to utilize this shuttle must make reservations with Campus Safety at least one week in advance of the date they wish to travel. Reservations are made on the Airport Transportation Form. Be sure to indicate in the comments section at the bottom of the form that the request is for the shuttle to the Airport. Also be sure to indicate whether you plan to utilize the return shuttle on any of the above dates.
Students who are not able to utilize the shuttle may still request Campus Safety provide transportation to or from the Michigan Flyer. Instructions for requesting this transportation can be found on the Campus Safety web site. Please note that the costs associated with this service are not changed.
IMPORTANT: To guarantee transportation, students must submit the online Airport Transportation form to Campus Safety at least one week prior to the date of arrival/departure. If one week notice is not given, transportation will only be provided if staff and a vehicle are available on the date/time the transportation is needed. In addition, these requests are subject to an additional $15.00 fee.
***Please note that the Michigan Flyer no longer makes stops at the Kensington Hotel, only downtown Ann Arbor at the Blake Transportation Center. This change was effective May 19th, 2016. Make sure to adjust your travel plans accordingly.***
Campus Safety will provide transportation for students to/from Ann Arbor for this service at any time during the academic year, subject to the limitations and process listed below.
Arranging transportation to and/or from Detroit Metro Airport
1. After you have made your flight arrangements, go to the Michigan Flyer web site to view the schedule and make a reservation to ride the Michigan Flyer. You may also call 1-888-MI-FLYER (888-643-5937).
2. Fill out the Campus Safety Airport Transportation Form, provide the required information, and click 'send' . Campus Safety will contact you to confirm the arrangements for your transportation to the Blake Transportation Center in Ann Arbor, where you will meet the Michigan Flyer. (NOTE: Campus Safety will only transport students to this location in Ann Arbor.)
Cost and payment
- You are responsible for payment to the Michigan Flyer for transportation to and from the airport. Rate information is available on the Michigan Flyer website.
- In addition to the Michigan Flyer cost, you will be charged $50 each way by the College for transportation to and from Ann Arbor. This amount will be added to your student account.
- Campus Safety will offer a reduced rate of $35 each way for two or three persons traveling together.
- Students who do not submit the Airport Transportation Form at least one week prior to the date of arrival/departure will be charged an additional $15.00 if Campus Safety is able to provide the requested transport.
Requirements and limitations
- This service is only available for currently enrolled Albion students during the academic year.
- Campus Safety does not normally provide this service on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve, or New Year's Day.
- Students are wholly responsible for all arrangements and communication with the Michigan Flyer. This includes making, changing, or cancelling reservations, and making payment.
- Campus Safety will only guarantee transportation to/from Ann Arbor if students complete the shuttle sign up form at least one week in advance of the date transportation is needed.
- Students are responsible for notifying Campus Safety of any changes in travel plans. Students who fail to do so are subject to an additional $50 fee.
- Campus Safety can transport a maximum of three students per trip to/from Ann Arbor. Availability is on a first come, first serve basis.
- Campus Safety is not able to provide this service to student organizations or other groups.