Education Benefits (See - Tuition Remission)
All full time employees
An employee who is regularly scheduled to work more than 20 hours per week, shall after completion of 90 days of continuous employment at the College, be permitted to enroll in classes at the college with full tuition being paid by the college during the fall and spring semesters, but without any reduction of course fees, under the following conditions:
- The employee may take no more than one class per semester on a space-available basis.
- The employee must meet the course prerequisites to enter the class.
- The employee must receive the approval of his/her supervisor, and if class is attended during normal working hours, the employee must make up the time with proper documentation maintained by his/her supervisor.
- If the employee is a degree-seeking candidate, he/she shall at all times demonstrate satisfactory progress toward the completion of his/her degree. An employee without a minimum of a BA degree must apply within eight units of course work if he/she is going to be a degree-seeking student.
- The employee must continue to be a full time employee of the college to qualify for this benefit.
An employee who is interested in tuition remission should first meet with a representative from the Albion College Admissions Office. Once accepted/approved by the Admissions Office for class attendance (audit or degree-seeking), the employee should then submit a written request, along with a letter of authorization for his/her immediate supervisor, to the Vice President for Finance and Management requesting tuition remission for the approved class.
Admin.Council approved/effective 7/1/00
Exit Interview/Sign Out Visit
All administrative and union employees.
Employees leaving the employ of the College must schedule an Exit Interview with the Human Resources office.
All College keys, credit cards, identification card and any passes for dependent(s) must be turned in to the Human Resources office at the time of the Exit Interview. The employee must provide a forwarding address at this time.
The cost of College property not returned at the time of the Exit Interview or any outstanding debt will be deducted from the employee's final paycheck as authorized by the employee.
Exit Interviews will become part of the employee's personnel file.
The employee must contact the Human Resources office to arrange a convenient time (usually on the last day of employment) for the interview.
The employee's final payroll check will be cleared with Human Resources prior to distribution to the employee.
Revised 7/97 - Cabinet approved
- The individual member deductible is $100
- The family deductible is $200
- There is no deductible for Class I or Class IV services. When you receive covered Class II or III services, you must pay a deductible before payment will be made for these benefits.
|Class of Service:
||Your Copay Is:
|Class I - Preventative Services
|Class II - Restorative Services
|Class III - Denture & Bridges
|Class IV - Orthodontics Services
$1000 annually for Class I, II and III services combined
$1000 lifetime for Class IV (orthodontic) services
Every effort is made to provide accurate information. However, this is not a guarantee of payment. Treatment will be rendered based on BCBS's payment liability, we recommend you request a predetermination for your treatment plan prior to having any services rendered.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (BCBS PPO participants)
Customer Service Office:
Open 8:30 a.m. – noon and 1:00 – 5:00 p.m.
225 East Wesley
Customer Service Information:
Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Please send all correspondence to:
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan
Costumer Service Center
P.O. Box 2888
Detroit, MI 48231
Looking for a provider that participate with BCBS:
Drugs in the Workplace
All faculty and staff.
Albion College subscribes to the objectives of the Drug Free Workplace Act of 1988 and prohibits the unlawful manufacture, distribution, dispensing, possession or use of any controlled substance in the workplace.
Employees convicted of any workplace-related criminal drug conviction must inform the Director of Human Resources of the conviction within five (5) days.
Albion College will notify the federal agency that contracts with or provides grants to the College within ten (10) days after receiving notice of an employee's criminal drug statute conviction for conduct in the workplace.
As a condition of employment at Albion College, employees must abide by the terms of this policy. The College shall have the right to discharge employees convicted of violating any criminal drug statute which occurred while in the workplace.
Cabinet reviewed 7/97