Conversation on Community
Richard Longworth, senior fellow of The Chicago Council on Global Affairs and an expert on globalization's impact on the Midwest, spoke with WMUK in Kalamazoo leading up to his participation on the September 11 "Albion Tomorrow" panel discussion.
Federal Parent Loans for Undergraduate Students (PLUS)
Amount: $100 up to the total cost of education.
- Available to parents of college students.
- Replaces all or part of the expected family contribution.
- Is limited only by the cost of attendance.
- New borrowers pay 7.9% interest for loans borrowed through the Direct Loan program.
- A FAFSA and credit check are required.
- Repayment begins within 60 days after the loan has been fully disbursed. Interest-only payments may be made while the student is in school. Deferments of loan payments are available – see the loan disclosure for further information.
- Loan has a maximum repayment period of 10 years.
- New PLUS applications may be completed at StudentLoans.gov.