Centered on Community
Starting in Fall 2015, Albion College will annually offer four-year tuition, room, and board to as many as 10 first-year students who are Albion residents and attended Albion Public Schools in grades 6-8. Read more
President Ditzler talks about the initiative on WBCK-FM
Reopening the Bohm: Read about a landmark internship for Andrea Walles, '15
Albion College's Sister City efforts earn a national award
Watch an expert panel discuss "Albion Tomorrow"
Seminars - archives
- Friday, February 19, 2010 Dr. Nils Walter, University of Michigan - Ann Arbor
- Scientists Watching Action Movies: Real-Time Single Molecule Fluorescence Imaging of Natural and Engineered Nucleic Acid-Protein Nanomachines
- Friday, September 11, 2009 Rose-Anne Meissner ('03), Northwestern University
- Genetic Control of Circadian Behavior in Drosophila melanogaster
- Friday, September 18, 2009 Bakthan Singaram, UC Santa Cruz
- Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hydride – The Dual Personality of Lithium Aminoborohydrides
- Friday, October 2, 2009 Jayme Cannon ('04), Merck
- Pharmaceutical Vaccine Formulation
- Friday, October 2, 2009 Craig Streu ('04)
- Bioactive Organometallic Complexes: From Structure to Function
- Friday, October 16, 2009 Mike Lammers, Johnson-Diversy, Inc.
- The specialty chemical industry, specifically focused on the food, beverage and pharmaceutical sectors served by the Johnson Diversey Food & Beverage Group
- THURSDAY, October 29, 2009 Wilfred Van der Donk, U of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
- Title TBA
- Friday, February 13, 2009 Gabrielle Bielak Thurlow('00), On Assignment, Inc.
- A Path Less Taken... A Road Less Traveled
- Friday, February 27, 2009 Bruce Baldwin, Spring Arbor University
- Carrots, Ferrocene and Biodiesel: Current Organic Chemistry Research at Spring Arbor University
- Friday, March 20, 2009 Matt Allen, Wayne State University
- Increasing the Utility of Contrast Agents for Magnetic Resonance Imaging Using Lanthanide Chemistry
- Friday, March 27, 2009 Bryan Kusiak, Huron Technologies
- Chemistry in Industry: Putting that Albion College Education to Work
- Friday, September 5, 2008
- Robert Halcomb, IBM
- Disruptive Innovation
- Friday, October 3, 2008
- Valerie McCarthy, BASF
- A computational study of chemical systems: I. A theoretical investigation of clathrate hydrates II. Conformational potential energy surface of tryptamine
- Friday, October 17, 2008
- Kevin J. Kubarych, University of Michigan
- Friday, November 14, 2008
- Greg Girolami, UIUC
- Friday, February 8, 2008
- Bryce Marquis, University of Minnesota
- Friday, February 22, 2008
- Chris Marshall, Argonne National Laboratory
- "Oxidative Dehydrogenation of Propane over Nanostructured Membrane Catalysts"
- Friday, March 28, 2008
- Prof. George Garcia, University of Michigan
- Friday, September 28, 2007
- P.V. Ramachandran, Purdue University
- "Boron Chemistry"
- Friday, October 12
- Amanda Boye, University of Illinois
- "Poly(ADP-ribose) Metabolism: From PARP Substrates to PARG Inhibitors."
- Friday, November 9
- Andrew Knight, Loyola University
- "Green Chemistry"
- Friday, February 9, 2007
- Bradley Stish - University of Minnesota Cancer Center
- "Design Purification and Evolution of a Recombinant Immunotoxin for Carcinoma Therapy"
- Friday, February 23, 2007
- Jackie Day (Albion 2001) - Senior associate scientist for Pfizer Research Global Research & Development.
- "From Gene To Structure: Structure Based Drug Design"
- Friday, April 13, 2007
- Scott Silverman - University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
- "DNA as a Catalyst, Constraint, and Sensor"
- Friday, September 15, 2006
- Shauna Paradine,
- "Synthesis and development of chiral hypervalent iodine compounds: an international collaborative project"
- Sarah Simmons
- "Hypervalent Iodine Chemistry in Wales"
- Friday, September 22, 2006
- Brandon Morrill, Jacob Skeans
- "The Oxidation of Imidazolium-based Ionic Liquids with Potassium Permanganate"
- Friday, September 29, 2006
- Erin Marasco - University of Minnesota
- Tim Johnson - General Mills
- Friday, October 27, 2006
- Robert B. Grubbs - Dartmouth
- "Building Nanomaterials from the Bottom Up with Block Copolymers"
- Friday, November 3, 2006
- Carrie Hensel - Inner Circle Media, Ann Arbor
- Friday, November 17, 2006
- Charles Hoogstraten - Michigan State University