The Career and Internship Center staff is available to assist your organization in recruiting Albion College students. Please contact us and we are happy to assist you.
In addition to the opportunities listed below, employers are invited to send recruitment information or company brochures to our office. This information is kept on file for students who are interested in exploring possible employment options.
There are many ways that the Career and Internship Center can assist you with your recruiting needs. While these are listed below, please do not hesitate to contact the Career and Internship Center to see how the office can format your recruiting experience around your specific needs.
Post job and internship opportunities in the Briton Network
Click on the Briton Network icon
If you have an account, simply sign in using your username and password
- To create and account, use the Register or Register And Postr Job buttons to the right. You will receive an email with a link to the Albion College site once access is completed
- You can always contact the Career and Internship Center at (517)629-0332 and we can create an account for you
Post your job descriptions directly through this system.
If you prefer to have the Career and Internship Center staff post your position, simply send the information via email to
or via fax to 517/629-0578.
Conduct on-campus interviews
On-campus interviews at Albion College are particularly important. It provides acces to our students and exposes your company to Albion College. This familiarity will help you create knowledge and understanding of who you are and the employment opportunities that you have available. Your interviews aso help expose the students to the important services offered by the Career and Internship Center. You are provided space to meet individually with students in a private setting. Our staff is available to assist you in posting notices, registering applicants, and providing support as you are on campus.
To arrange on-campus interviews, contact our office by phone at 517/629-0332, via email at
. You may also login to the Briton Network to submit details and request a schedule.
Participate in information sessions
You may choose to present a program to interested students (typically 1 hour in length) on the Albion College campus. This format allows employers and students to learn more about one another in a relaxed setting. The Career and Internship Center can assist you by arranging the accommodations, providing audio-visual equipment, publicizing the program, and following up with any recruitment needs that may arise.
To arrange to conduct an information session, contact our office by phone at 517/629-0332 or via email at
First Destination Report
Albion College is interested in what happens to our students once they graduate. Each year the Career and Internship Center surveys graduates to gather information on what they are doing in the areas of employment, graduate / professional school, and volunteer service. This information is used by the Career and Internship Center and other departments at Albion College to continue to change and improve the services we provide our students and alumni.
First Destination Reports
We want to include you in our next First Destination Report! The survey for the Class of 2014 is now available. Please take the time to vist the link below and complete the survey.
Albion College Graduate Outcome Survey
Ten Years Out
The College also recently completed a survey of the class of 2001 to see where alumni are on their career paths ten years after graduation. The results are part of a new brochure that includes profiles of recent alumni and describes the benefits of the Albion Advantage.
View the brochure
Fifteen Years Out
Recently, Albion graduates without higher degrees who completed a PayScale.com survey reported a mid-career (approximately 15 years' experience) median salary of $79,100. This compares favorably to many schools in the Midwest as well as liberal arts colleges nationally.
See PayScale's list for Midwestern colleges and universities
See PayScale's list for national liberal arts colleges
Internships and Jobs
Create a profile and access thousands of jobs and internship opportunities in your areas of interest!
Friday, February 13, 2015 at the Crown Plaza Hotel - Lansing
Job Pursuit is the annual job fair sponsored and hosted by a consortium of private, independent Michigan Colleges and Universities dedicated to the advancement of employment opportunities in Michigan. Visit the website through the above link for complete information, including a list of employers scheduled to attend the 2015 event (list of companies TBA as event gets closer).
Recommended Resources for Internships and Jobs
- Coolworks.com - job and internship site for the adventurous student and graduate
- Idealist.org – internship opportunities worldwide focused on non-profit organizations
- Indeed - Indeed is the #1 job site worldwide, with over 100 million unique visitors per month.
- Internships-USA.com – the largest internship site for U.S. internships on the web with more than 3,000 organizations offering internships for college and law students. Over 100,000 students visit the site every month. Albion College holds the subscription for this site. Please use the following information to access internships-usa.com: Username: Albion | Password: GoBrits
- Interninimichigan.com - Register with the new Intern in Michigan and get instant internship matches based on your individual needs. It’s free to post internships and it’s free to apply for opportunities.
- LinkedIn - The world's largest professional network on the internet, has an enormous jobs board.
- MI Talent – Michigan Talent Bank connects you to postings on company websites of internship and job opportunities in Michigan
- MI Internships - MIINTERNSHIP.com is an internship service provided by regional economic development partners led by Southwest Michigan First, Southwest Michigan’s private economic development organization serving a seven-county region.
- Michigan.gov/intern - internships with the State of Michigan in various agencies and departments
- Mlive - Great source for Michigan jobs.
- Science Jobs and Internships - Comprehensive list from the Albion College Library
- USAJobs - Government website where nearly all federal government jobs are posted.
General Internship Advice
In today's competitive job market, it is extremely important for you to obtain experience related to your career ambitions. Employers will be asking you about your internships, part-time jobs, and summer jobs to assess your ability to perform in a full-time position. Companies are now using internships as one of the most common methods to select new employees. Albion College can help you with this process through your faculty advisor, your institute, and the Career and Internship Center.
- Use ALL resources available to you including all personal and professional contacts, the Career and Internship Center, and your faculty advisor.
- Apply early and apply often to any opportunity that might interest you. Do not turn down a job or internship that you have not been offered!
- Be certain you have a quality resume and associated application materials before applying— the Career and Internship Center is available to assist you!
- Use the Registrar's Internship Form to receive credit for your internship
Additional Internship Sources
Research and/or Fellowship Opportunities
Additional Career Resources