Conversation on Community
Richard Longworth, senior fellow of The Chicago Council on Global Affairs and an expert on globalization's impact on the Midwest, spoke with WMUK in Kalamazoo leading up to his participation on the September 11 "Albion Tomorrow" panel discussion.
Five of our women's sororities are members of the National Panhellenic Conference. Our sixth women's sorority is a member of the National Pan-Hellenic Council, Inc.. The six chapters make up Albion College's Panhellenic Council, which governs and coordinates the activities of the chapters on campus.
The Albion College Panhellenic Council is guided by the Creed of the National Panhellenic Conference, and states: "The Panhellenic Council will assist the member chapters in unity, leadership, scholarship, education, and membership. The council will recognize that we are the largest women’s group on campus; we will therefore strive to be a voice for women and support their endeavors. We will actively support the Greek community on this campus to foster a sense of unity among Greek members. The Panhellenic Council will change with the times and take whatever steps necessary to create a positive image for ourselves and to represent the ideals of Albion College."
- 2010 Panhellenic Council Officers
- President - Lisa Wohlford
- Vice President Recruitment - Heather Riecker
- Vice President Finance - Michelle Norgren
- Vice President Communications - Elaine Ding
- Vice President Programming - Alyssa Castillo
- Vice President Service and Philanthropy - Morgan Reed
- 2010 Panhellenic Council Representatives
- Alpha Chi Omega - Erica Williams
- Alpha Kappa Alpha - Ashli Wilson
- Alpha Xi Delta - Emily Foster
- Delta Gamma - Erin Worden
- Kappa Alpha Theta - Katie Reynolds
- Kappa Delta - Marie Herzog