- Published on Thursday, September 25, 2014 10:09
VMware is a virtualization technology which allows you to connect to your Albion office/lab machine when you are home or traveling so you may access the Albion network as you would on campus.
Instructions to connect to VMware via a web browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome):
- Enter https://hvgw1.albion.edu/portal/webclient/index.html#/disclaimer into your browser of choice
- Read and accept disclaimer.Click Accept.
- Enter your Albion network Username and Password. Please be certain the "Domain" field is left as "Albion"
- Select the "Staff" or "Student Lab" button
- If prompted, select "I understand the Risks" "Add Exception" and "Confirm Security Exception"
- You will soon see a campus desktop with the Albion background through which you can access campus resources.
- When finished, select "Log Off" from the Start menu.
WARNING: Save all documents and files onto your network drives (G, H, W, P) as files saved onto the virtual machine desktop will be lost.