- Published on Tuesday, June 19, 2012 15:51
EVERY DAY AT ALBION
- Published on Monday, March 26, 2012 16:15
Take a deep breath. Your college search is over. Now what? Let our students show you (and tell you), scan this list, and get ready to become a Briton this fall.
• Send in your enrollment deposit ($300) by May 1. See your acceptance packet for details.
• Sign up for SOAR (Student Orientation and Registration). Sessions are May 30, June 1, June 4, and August 23.
• Complete your housing and other needed forms.
• Plan your graduation party!
• Reach out to your new roommate.
• Start shopping for your dorm room essentials.
• Move in! If you attend SOAR in May or June, move-in day is August 24.
• Join the Class of 2016 on Facebook.
- Published on Wednesday, March 21, 2012 09:53
You've got your financial aid, you've developed your plan, now it's time to put it all together on your student account bill.
Getting Your Bill
In early July the College begins sending notification of your bill. This notification is sent as an email to you. If you'd like to have your parents get a copy you'll need to set them up as authorized users. If you're an entering student, you can do that at SOAR or by logging into ACIS and visiting the eBill section.
Understanding Your Bill
The charges reflected are only for the fall semester. Your financial aid offer and your financing plan are for the whole year, so the numbers will be different. Your bill will include your tuition, fees, room and board charges.
Financial Aid on Your Bill
Some of your financial aid will be reflected on your bill.
Some won't -- here's why:
Federal funds cannot be credited to your student account until ten days before the start of the semester. That includes, Pell and Supplemental Grants, Perkins and Direct Loans.
Michigan Tuition Grant funds will be applied when the State confirms your eligibility.
If you haven't completed all the requirements, we can't put funds on your account.
What Does 'Authorized Financial Aid' Mean?
These funds are all set and ready to pay. We are waiting until ten days before the beginning of the semester to put the funds on your student account (it's a federal rule, we can't put it on until then). These funds are already subtracted from the amount due on your bill.
What Are 'Memo Items'?
These are funds that are in process, meaning you are eligible for them, but you haven't completed all the requirements yet. In order to have these funds credited to your student account you need to complete the requirements—you can view those in your ACIS account.