Note: In order to work, you must be deemed eligible to work on campus by Student Employment. If you have held any other campus job you are all set. If you have never worked on campus before, you should complete the student employment registration process now. For more information on how to register for student employment please visit the Student Employment web site at: http://www.albion.edu/hr/student-employment
Albion College understands student employees are students first and employees second. Students are expected to meet their commitments to the employment arrangement, arriving on time, completing work during scheduled hours and otherwise acting with dignity and respect for supervisors, staff, other students and other members of the College Community.
Albion College does not tolerate discrimination or sexual harassment in the workplace. Complaints should be referred immediately to the attention of the employee’s supervisor, manager, department chairperson or directly to the Office of Human Resources, 629-0205.
Summer student positions are limited to 40 hour per work week for all campus jobs. The work week runs from Sunday through Saturday regardless of when a pay period begins or ends.
Your User Name is your email address, minus @albion.edu and use your Network password (not your email password).
It is your responsibility to verify your time entry by the specified date each pay period so that we can approve your time and send it to payroll in a timely fashion.
1. At the beginning of your shift select the position your are currently working. If you only have one campus job you must select that position. If you have more than one campus job each will be available for selection.
2. Click SAVE if the Actual Time In reflects the time you are reporting to work. *Enter an Override Time In ONLY if the Actual Time In is not correct. Override Time must be entered as mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm AM or PM.
If an override time is entered, you must provide an explanation to your supervisor.
After successfully Punching In you will receive a message: Punch-in recorded
1. Click on the punch out button.
2. Click SAVE if the Actual Time Out reflects the time you end your shift. *Enter an Override Time Out ONLY if the Actual Time Out is not correct. Override Time must be entered as mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm AM or PM. If an override time is entered, you must provide an explanation to your supervisor.
NOTE: If what appears is not the position you are currently working you failed to punch out earlier. You MUST punch out for the position displayed using the Override to record the correct time out. Then you must go back and punch in for the correct position. Direct questions to Angie Konkle extension 0203.
After successfully Punching Out you will receive a message: Punch-out recorded
You are advised to periodically view your timesheet during a pay period for accuracy.
To View/Verify your timesheet:
There are two purposes of this function.
One is to be able to look at your current timesheet(s). They are displayed here until you have verified them. There is an option for you to save a copy of your timesheet to your computer to have for your records.
The second purpose is for you to verify, for your supervisor, that the hours you are reporting for the time period just completed are correct. We will use this information to approve your timesheet and send it to payroll to be processed for payment.
The verification process must be completed at the end of every pay period.
In order to receive your paycheck, we will need the verification by 4:00 PM on the day after the pay period ends.
1. Select the position you wish to view or verify.
2. Select the pay period you wish to view or verify
3. The timesheet for the selected position and pay period will display.
To edit a shift click Edit.
Make necessary changes as well as support comments to your supervisor. Click Save.
To enter a missing shift click ADD.
Enter correct Punch IN and Punch Out information as well as support comments to your supervisor. Click Save.
4. Optional Step. Click on the button “Save a copy of the times” to save a copy of your timesheet for your records.
Optional - This save is for your records only.
5. THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT STEP IN THE VERIFICATION PROCESS - PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
After working the final shift of a pay period, click on the "Verify timesheet ... " button. If you unexpectedly work additional time during this pay period, please verify the additional shift(s) separately. You must verify your timesheets with your supervisor so we can turn your hours in to Payroll.
For additional information go to the Online Time Clock training site.
Please direct any questions to Angie Konkle extension 0203.
An Albion College education. It's hands-on. It's the liberal arts. It's career readiness. It's providing you the knowledge, skills, and experiences you'll need to succeed in college, in your career, and in your life.