- Published on Friday, March 22, 2013 08:45
- Published on Thursday, September 06, 2012 09:09
The following is the procedure to be utilized by faculty and staff for authorizing students to have card key access to buildings and rooms after hours:
2) The authorization must include: name and student number for each student, room/office numbers into which student has access, and duration of authorization. All authorizations normally expire at the end of each semester.
3) IT and Facilities staff will complete the necessary data entries for each authorization, normally within five business days. Due to the volume of requests, this may take longer at the beginning of the semester. Students may contact Campus Safety to obtain access until the encoding and updating process has been completed.
4) The requesting faculty or staff member will be sent an e-mail confirmation when the work has been completed.
PROCEDURE FOR STAFF TO OBTAIN ACCESS INTO AREAS WITH KEY CARD LOCKS:
- Published on Thursday, September 06, 2012 09:04
All regular faculty and staff.
Access to College facilities may be granted by issuance of keys and/or card access to designated individuals. Use, security and control of such items remain the responsibility of the designated individual until such time as they are returned. Administrative personnel will be given the necessary keys and/or card access to their assigned office and support service area. All faculty members will be issued keys and/or card access to their assigned office, laboratories and classrooms. Union employees will be issued keys and/or card access as needed to carry out their work assignments.
Any individual who is authorized by his or her supervisor to be in an assigned office, laboratory or classroom outside of normal working hours is entitled to one key and/or card access to open the exterior door of that building.
Campus Safety will normally open and close facilities for special functions. The issuing of keys and/or card access on a temporary basis to an employee for this purpose will require authorization from the appropriate President’s Administrative Council officer.
In general, students may not possess exterior door keys and/or card access to any academic or administrative building. Exceptions to this must have approval from Campus Safety and the appropriate President’s Administrative Council officer.
The Facilities Operations department will have the responsibility to install, repair, maintain, and service locks, and well as creation of physical keys. Information Technology will review and approve all key requests as appropriate, distribute keys, and keep inventory records of issued keys.
Residence hall keys will remain under the control of the Residential Life department. The Director of Residential Life will request keys as necessary using the "Key Request" form.
Departmental and individual mailbox keys are issued/monitored at the Campus Post Office.
Department chairs or director-level administrators may only approve access for their assigned building or area.
The Human Resources office shall provide these recovered keys back to Helpdesk in a timely manner.
Sub-contracted employees, such as ABM or Bon Appetit employees, who have been issued keys must turn those keys into the Director level administrator or Department Chair to whom their company reports. That administrator or chair must then return the keys to Helpdesk in a timely manner.
Mailbox keys are issued at the Campus Post Office and are subject to a fee for lost/replacement keys.
Approved by President’s Administrative Council – February 2012