Senior Year: Implementation & Transition
At long last - you have achieved your last year at Albion College. It is more critical than ever that you use your resources well, stay organized, and keep your eye on the ball.
- Meet with a Career Development staff member to design a job search strategy or finalize your graduate/professional school search timeline and plans.
- Attend Career Development workshops targeted for seniors: Developing a Job Searching Plan, Resume Writing, Successful Interviewing, Getting an Apartment, Day One at Work as well as a Senior Open House and more.
- Ask faculty and employers to provide references for you.
- Revise and update your resume and draft a cover letter. For graduate school, complete your personal statement.
- Mail your applications to graduate schools.
- Prepare for graduate school or job interviews with a mock interview in Career Development.
- Complete an internship or career-related work experience if you haven’t already.
- Formulate an alternate “Plan B” in case you need to make last minute career adjustments.
- Assist your student organization transition from your leadership to the upcoming leaders in the group.
- Begin to research companies/organizations and the career opportunities they offer.
- Participate in career fairs and build your network of contacts in your field of interest.
Most importantly - use all the expertise and resources Albion College has to offer as you transition to career or graduate school following graduation!