Checklist for Grant Recipients
Once you are awarded a grant, no matter how small, please do the following:
- Submit copies of all paperwork received from the grant maker to the grants coordinator in the Development Office. This includes official notification of acceptance, financial forms, and signature pages.
- Follow all instructions received from the grant maker.
- List report deadlines on your calendar.
- Contact the Business Office to discuss procedures and set up financial accounts for the new project.
- Work closely with Business Office personnel to facilitate financial transactions especially with government grant makers.
- Keep receipts, enter expenditures in a spreadsheet, and cross check with business office accounting on a regular basis.
- See also:
Government Grants Administration Procedures
Non-government Grants Administration Procedures
- Contact the grants coordinator regarding grant maker approval of any necessary project revisions.
- Complete all narrative and financial reports and submit on a timely basis as required by grantor. File copies with the grants coordinator in the Development Office.