Student FAQs

A Student Employment Handbook is available online.

Q: How do I register to be a student employee?

A: Please see our Register for Student Employment page for details.

Q: How do I find a job on campus?

A: You may check  the Student Employment job postings on this web site.

Q: I don't have Federal Work Study - can I still work on campus?

A: Yes. There are employment opportunities for positions with no financial aid eligibility, as well as recipients of Federal Work Study Awards.

Q: What paperwork do I need to complete when I am hired?

A: Student employees must complete tax forms (W-4 Withholding Allowance Certificates) and proof of work eligibility (I-9) before beginning work as an Albion College Student Employee.  Please go to the forms page for more information.

Q: How do I keep track of the hours I have worked?

A: All hourly campus positions use the Online Time Clock Site for clocking in and out of a job. You must have a valid network ID and password to use the Online Time Clock System - this will ensure that you are the only person (other than your supervisor) that has access to your timesheet.  Your supervisor will provide a brief training on the system when you are first hired. It is your responsibility to verify your time entry by the specified date each pay period so that your supervisor can approve your time and send to payroll in a timely fashion.

Q: When will I receive my paycheck?

A: Paychecks are delivered to your Kellogg Center post office box at 10:30 on the pay dates listed on this web site.  Please note that the final paycheck of the academic year is held in the payroll office - see instructions on the pay dates memo.