Careers in Health Sciences
Health Sciences is a broad term that encompasses a wide range of careers from direct care to laboratory research. New students are often interested in exploring the many career possibilities when considering interest in health sciences. The links below are provided to start you on a journey to discover the many possibilities.
The staff of the Institute for Healthcare Professions is available to assist you in finding your perfect career!
Information on a broad range of health sciences careers
- ExploreHealthCareers.org - everything you want to know about a wide variety of health careers
- Bureau of Labor Statistics - the Occupational Outlook Handbook provides basic information on education needed, earnings, expected job prospects, work role and conditions for jobs in health sciences, and links to many additional source of information on each career
Information on careers as a medical care provider
- MedicalCareerInfo.com - a medical career informational website to familiarize you with the requirements and aspects of various medical careers (including physician, dentist, nurse, therapist, audiologist, chiropractor, optometrist, and on and on)
- Professional associations- professional associations provide information on the specialty, educational requirements, schools/programs, and job opportunities as they promote the career
- Pharmacist - Pharmacy Choice - a web portal for pharmacy resources
Information on biological sciences and research careers
- Biotechnology Institute - information on biotechnology and its potential to heal the sick and help our world in all aspects
- Bureau of Labor and Statistics - information on biological scientists including nature of work, training, job outlook, earnings, related occupations, and links to many additional resources on this field
NOTE: Links on this page will take you to sites outside of Albion College's Institute for Healthcare Professions. This is provided for your information only and accuracy is not guaranteed by the Institute.