In Campus Lecture, Booth Walling Discusses Her Book, UN, Syria
In a February 19 lecture inside a crowded Bobbitt Auditorium, Carrie Booth Walling, assistant professor of political science, talked about her recently published book, All Necessary Measures: The United Nations and Humanitarian Intervention; drew connections to the ongoing situation in Syria; and shared how she became drawn to human rights and humanitarian intervention as a scholarly pursuit.
Read first-year student Emma Planet's story in The Pleiad
College's Ties with French Sister City Earn National Simon Award
The innovative relationship between Albion College, the City of Albion and two communities in France made a big impression on the National Association of Foreign Student Advisers (NAFSA), which has honored Albion College with a 2014 Senator Paul Simon Award for Campus Internationalization. "As a French professor, it is most gratifying to see how these international partnerships have transformed the lives of students and colleagues across disciplines," said Dianne Guenin-Lelle, co-president of Albion's Sister City Committee and the College's 2012-2013 Year of Global Diversity.
Just One More Photo Contest
Albion College, we want to see how active you are.
For the spring 2014 semester, we're sponsoring a photo contest featuring you, your friends, and what you do for fun on and off campus. It's a way to show the "Just One More" spirit at Albion.
Take a photo of you and your friends in the stands at an athletic game, singing along at the Big Show, or making faces during Day of Woden. We have some specific photo contests going on around big events this semester, but there's also an all-event category going on through Commencement. So snap away and submit!
Now for the nitty-gritty.
Categories, Deadlines and Prizes
Each big event on campus has a deadline and prize for the photo contest. There's also the Just One More Event photo contest, which can be from any event this semester (Day of Woden, Elkin Isaac, Anchor Splash, etc.).
Each photo submission will be judged on creativity and displaying the spirit of the event. One winner for each category will be chosen two days after the deadline, and will be announced on the College's Facebook Page and Twitter account.
Rules for Entry
- Photo submissions only accepted from current Albion students.
- Photos must be from an Albion-sponsored organization, club, athletic, academic, or Union Board event -- except for the spring break category.
- Be sure to include a caption, with the event name and people (as best you can) in the photo.
- Steer clear of nudity, alcohol, or illegal or lewd activities in your photos.
- Make them fun and creative.
Submitting a Photo
Submit your photo in the following ways:
- Using the submission form below (coming soon).
- Emailing your photo to
- Tweeting or Instagramming your photo using the hashtag #beingbriton.
- Posting your photo on the College's Facebook wall.
By submitting a photo for the contest, you agree that:
- Your photo can be used by the Albion College marketing department in social media, on the albion.edu website, and in any printed pieces developed by the College.
- Your photo can be repurposed on other social media platforms, including Pinterest, Flickr, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and Google+.
- Submitting a photo does not guarantee a prize, or any compensation, by the College.
Okay with all that? Then submit your photo below!
At Taste of Blackness, Community Members 'Inspired to Be Strong Examples'
Community leaders, parents, professors, college students and students from Albion Public Schools came together in the Kellogg Center February 23 for dancing, laughing, educating and much more, as Albion College's Black Student Alliance hosted its traditional "Taste of Blackness" program. A campus highlight each year during Black History Month, the event, according to BSA President Wynter Pitts, '14, "has definitely reminded students in the community and on campus to always dream big."