College Closed Monday, January 6 Due to Winter Storm
As a result of the winter storm that has impacted our area, the College will be closed tomorrow (Monday, January 6, 2014). Staff who have critical functions will be notified by their supervisors if they need to report to work.
Just One More Photo Contest
Albion College, we want to see how active you are.
For the spring 2014 semester, we're sponsoring a photo contest featuring you, your friends, and what you do for fun on and off campus. It's a way to show the "Just One More" spirit at Albion.
Take a photo of you and your friends in the stands at an athletic game, singing along at the Big Show, or making faces during Day of Woden. We have some specific photo contests going on around big events this semester, but there's also an all-event category going on through Commencement. So snap away and submit!
Now for the nitty-gritty.
Categories, Deadlines and Prizes
Each big event on campus has a deadline and prize for the photo contest. There's also the Just One More Event photo contest, which can be from any event this semester (Day of Woden, Elkin Isaac, Anchor Splash, etc.).
Each photo submission will be judged on creativity and displaying the spirit of the event. One winner for each category will be chosen two days after the deadline, and will be announced on the College's Facebook Page and Twitter account.
Rules for Entry
- Photo submissions only accepted from current Albion students.
- Photos must be from an Albion-sponsored organization, club, athletic, academic, or Union Board event -- except for the spring break category.
- Be sure to include a caption, with the event name and people (as best you can) in the photo.
- Steer clear of nudity, alcohol, or illegal or lewd activities in your photos.
- Make them fun and creative.
Submitting a Photo
Submit your photo in the following ways:
- Using the submission form below (coming soon).
- Emailing your photo to
- Tweeting or Instagramming your photo using the hashtag #beingbriton.
- Posting your photo on the College's Facebook wall.
By submitting a photo for the contest, you agree that:
- Your photo can be used by the Albion College marketing department in social media, on the albion.edu website, and in any printed pieces developed by the College.
- Your photo can be repurposed on other social media platforms, including Pinterest, Flickr, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and Google+.
- Submitting a photo does not guarantee a prize, or any compensation, by the College.
Okay with all that? Then submit your photo below!
Webinar: Getting Noticed and Hired
Insider Tips to Getting Noticed and Hired!
Albion College's Office of Alumni Engagement and Career and Internship Center hosted a free webinar on the topic of the job search from a human resources perspective on Thursday, March 26 from noon to 1 p.m. (ET).
Carroll G. Velie, Human Resources Director, Varnum, LLP will discussed inside tips and suggestions for job seekers. Throughout her career she has reviewed countless applications. Her insights will help you understand what it takes to get noticed by a company and make it through the initial screening process and on to the hiring manager. She will also discussed the most common mistakes made by applicants and help you avoid these pitfalls.
Learn more about Carroll
If you have questions about this webinar or other Career and Internship Center offerings, please contact the Center at 517/629-0332 or
Honors Students Explore the Western Front
Battlefields, cemeteries, monuments, and museums provided a profound field trip for students in history professor Chris Hagerman’s class "We Are Making a World: Trauma and Cultural Change on the Western Front, 1914-18." The class, part of Albion’s Prentiss M. Brown Honors Program, recently visited France and Belgium and explored the very sites they had studied on campus using historical maps, diaries, letters, literary memoirs, poetry, paintings, photography, and film.