Course Web Error Form
If you’re having an issue with an Albion College course web, or are unable to view a necessary course web, please fill out the form below. The appropriate individual will be notified of your need and will follow up accordingly.
The HP Laserjet Pro 500 and the HP 5225 color printers are capable of printing glossy magazine-quality prints and offer duplex printing. These printers can print from a 8.5x11 to a 11x17.
You can send your project to be printed to and a staff member will print it for you. Please also include in your email what size print you want, quantity (100 is the maximum) and the account number to be charged.
The following costs reflect the actual cost of printing (printer usage, paper and ink).
All prices quoted are for a sheet of paper (single or double-sided are the same price)
8.5x11 (regular size) regular paper - $.30/page
8.5x11 soft gloss or cardstock - $.50/page
8.5x14 (legal size) regular paper - $.50/page
11x17 (tabloid size) regular paper $1.00/page
11x17 glossy/brochure paper $1.50/page
Is it Phishing?
Attempts to gain access to one’s account information, known as phishing, have increased dramatically with the increased use of cloud resources. It is often difficult to tell the difference between a legitimate notice and emails that are phishing for your account information. If you would like to read more about what is phishing, please click the previous link.
It used to be that you could simply judge the validity by reviewing the grammar of the message. Now a more critical eye is needed.
Below is a sample of a phishing attempt that recently spread across campus. As you can see, it seems fairly legitimate, until you put it through the three step test.
Three Quick Checks
Below are three quick checks you can perform to help judge the validity of a message regarding your Albion Account.
- What are from: and to: fields? - If they are the same or you are not the only recipient you should be skeptical. Information Technology communicates only with individual users about their account's credentials, we will not send out bulk email about one's account.
- Is there a link in the message that points somewhere other than the identified URL? It is most likely a phishing attempt. The URL of the Albion Password Change Form is https://www.albion.edu/it/pwman and is the only page we would direct you to use to handle an account password issue.
- Is the message signed generically or is there an individual that you know sending the message? - When handling issues regarding Albion account information, you will be contacted directly by Information Technology, and we will always sign the message from a particular staff person.
- If you receive a message about your Albion Account from anyone not known to be in Information Technology you should question the validity of the message.
It is also common practice when we send you a message about your account to provide an alternative contact method, normally calling the Help Desk at (517) 629-0479, to confirm the accuracy of the information. Messages without alternative contact information should be handled with suspicion.
What to Do?
When you determine a message is phishing, the best course of action is to report it as phishing within Gmail. This will decrease the chances of the message landing in other’s inbox.
If you are a victim of a phishing attack and provide your account information, the first step is to change your password. The page you need to visit to change your e-mail password is: https://accounts.google.com/EditPasswd. Changing your password terminates the access gained through a phishing attack.
As always, should you have questions about phishing or how to more safely navigate this cloud based world, please contact the Help Desk.
Installing Key Server
For on-campus use of academic software (faculty/staff only).
KeyServer Client is an application which monitors software licenses in use. It is loaded by default on all computers purchased by the college. If it is missing from your computer, follow the steps below.
1. Make sure you are logged in to the network.
2. Click here to start Installation. If prompted to Open or Save, choose Open. If you save the file to your computer, you will have to double-click it to start installation
Note: if you get an error message to exit keyed applications, you already have KeyServer installed. Cancel the install and skip to Step 4.
3. When the Network Settings screen pops up, ensure that you configure your settings as shown below.
* Use TCP/IP (Winsock)
* Use Windows Logon Name
* In the empty box marked "Enter the Keyserver's name or address", enter: keyserver.albion.edu
* Check the box that reads "Store setting in the registry"
4. Click the Continue button to complete installation.
5. After install is completed, you must remove the KeyAccess file from your Windows Startup menu to prevent KeyAccess from running all the time. To do this, follow these steps:
* Click on your Start button
* Go to Programs and find the Startup Folder
* In the Startup Folder, RIGHT-CLICK on the KeyAccess icon and delete it. This will not effect how KeyAccess works, but will improve performance.