New Hire Information
We look forward to you joining the Albion College community. A number of documents are needeed to finalize the hiring process as well as an in person meeting with a member of the Human Resources staff. If that meeting has not yet been scheduled you may do so by contact our office at 517-629-0205. The meeting should be on or before your first day of work. At this meeting you should bring with you emergency contact information, social security numbers of beneficiaries and those to be coverered under College health plans (if in a benefited position) and acceptable identification documents which will be used to complete the employer portion of the federal "Employment Eligibility Verification" form (I-9). An example of acceptable ID is a current passport or the combination of a valid driver's license and social security card. A list of all acceptable documents is available from the I-9 link below. This information is provided as a convenience should you choose not to print and complete the forms prior to your meeting they will be made available to you during the meeting. Please do not hesitate to contact the Human Resources staff should you have any questions.
Constituent Information Request Form
The Albion College Alumni/Donor Database (including Banner, Profiles, and Versa) contains biographic, contact, and gift/pledge information on College alumni, donors, parents, and friends. The Alumni/Donor database is maintained for purposes related to Institutional Advancement (IA) programs and is subject to IA policies and procedures.
College employees should divulge no address, telephone, or other information from the Alumni/Donor database to non-College persons, unless appropriate College administrators determine that disclosure is required by law. An IA employee who receives a request for the contact information of a specific individual should offer to call the individual in question and request permission to share his / her contact information with the requester.
In accordance with Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE) standards, employees will:
- Safeguard and respect donor and prospective donor information;
- Honor the wishes of an individual and/or organizational constituent with regard to how directory information and/or giving history is used;
- Record and keep only information relevant to cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship;
- Identify the source of retained information;
- Safeguard prospective donor, donor, and other constituent lists compiled by the institution as the property of the institution; these lists may not be distributed or used for unauthorized purposes or for personal gain;
- Make every effort to ensure that volunteers, vendors, and external entities with access to constituent information understand and agree to comply with the organization's confidentiality and public disclosure policies.
If staff members are found to violate any of these conditions of confidentiality as described above, Albion College considers that to be a dischargeable offense.
If you have questions concerning this confidentiality statement or anything else discussed concerning confidentiality, please contact your supervisor.
Appropriate Use of Information Agreement
- Contact information for alumni, parents, and friends may be shared upon approval of a request for a particular use and can be utilized for a variety of reasons: sharing information and news, providing updates on activities and programs, extending invitations to events, distributing surveys, etc. Requested information cannot be used to solicit donations.
- Approval of the content will be handled through the process outlined above. Requests for information from IA must come only from individuals authorized to secure such information. The Assistant Director of Advancement Services approves all request forms.
- Disclosure of this information to unauthorized parties could violate the Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act (FERPA). All information received must only be used for the sole purpose stated in this information request and then destroyed in a secure manner. Data should never be used for communication pieces that are not previously approved.
- Data will be provided in Excel spreadsheet format and sent only to the requester's Albion College email address (if the requester is a faculty or staff member). All provided data have a 30-day expiration. If more than 30 days have passed since that data were provided, the requester should destroy the provided data and request a refresh.
- In exchange for this information, it is expected that any and all updates to constituent contact information will be shared with IA so that the Alumni/Donor Database can reflect the new information. Requesters are asked to forward any updates regarding these data to:
- Per the above-described process, requesters are asked to help ensure robust communication between College departments by copying the following e-mail addresses on all messages that use requested information (or to provide sample phone call scripts, if appropriate)
- Contact Ellen Yoakam, Assistant Director of Advancement Services, (x0347,
) with questions.
Statement of Consequences
Campus constituents who violate any part of the above agreement are subject to disciplinary action at the discretion of the President's Office.
Please complete the form below to have your request processed.
Wireless Networking for Mac OS X
Click the AirPort icon at the top of your screen.
Select the "Albion" network from the AirPort network list that appears.
After selecting the Albion network, you will be prompted for credentials as shown below. Enter your network username and password, leaving 802.1x set to Automatic and leaving the "Remember this network" option checked.
At this point, you should be connected to the Albion wireless network.
If you require assistance, please
The Xerox Phaser 8560 and the HP 5225 color printers are capable of printing glossy magazine-quality prints and offer duplex printing. You can print from a 8.5x11 to a 11x17 on these printers.
You can send your project to be printed to
and a staff member will print it for you. Please also include in your email what size print you want, quantity (50 is the maximum) and the account number to be charged.
The following costs reflect the actual cost of printing (printer usage, paper and ink).
All prices quoted are for a sheet of paper (single or double-sided are the same price)
8.5x11 (regular size) regular paper - $.30/page
8.5x11 soft gloss or cardstock - $.50/page
8.5x14 (legal size) regular paper - $.50/page
11x17 (tabloid size) regular paper $1.00/page
11x17 glossy/brochure paper $1.50/page