Office of the Registrar
The Office of the Registrar is responsible for providing quality and timely services to students and alumni regarding their academic records. These services aid students, faculty, staff and alumni in fulfilling our mission. The office provides information that assists the college in evaluation and assessment of its academic programs and requirements. The Office of the Registrar certifies that students have fulfilled all graduation requirements, issues academic transcripts, registers students for courses, evaluates transfer credit, and schedules classrooms.
The office is located on the first floor of the William C. Ferguson Student, Technology, and Administrative Services Building.
Some Important Facts
- Core Requirements may be taken Credit/No Credit
- The math placement exam given to new students each semester is not a proficiency exam. It cannot be used by Economics and Management majors to fulfill the "Math 125 or proficiency requirement".
- Students in the Teacher Education Program must fulfill the requirements for an Albion College academic major as well as the Education Department requirements.
- The Writing Competency Exam is a graduation requirement. Students are expected to pass this exam by the end of their sophomore year or be enrolled at the Academic Skills Center to improve their writing skills.
- All major requirement waivers or substitutions must be approved in writing by the Department Chair and submitted to the Office of the Registrar.