Information for Alumni
Around the globe, Albion College Carl A. Gerstacker Institute for Business and Management's nearly 1,000 Alumni are leading Fortune 500 companies, successfully running their own businesses, trading on Wall Street, and providing exemplary accounting and consulting services. In over eight countries and thirty-five states, our alumni are still our most important resource.
Hire an Intern!
Partner with us to develop tomorrow's talented business leaders. For some 35 years, the Gerstacker Institute/Professional Management Program has prepared students for careers which address complex business issues. We strive to bridge their academic experience and the world of work through internships and jobs that require them to use strong analytical, creative problem solving and communication skills. Employers like you can help us evaluate the effectiveness of the preparation we provide. We invite you to support our program as an intern sponsor or first employer of our students. In return, The Gerstacker Institute will help you attract the best talent from our competitive program.
We Need Your Advice!
We want your feedback about how the Gerstacker Institute helped you as you started out in the professional business world and your advice about what changes could be made to make it even better. Regardless of when you completed the program, we would appreciate your opinions on how to best prepare our students for the challenges they face after graduation. Please complete the Gerstacker Institute alumni survey.
Share Your Talents
As a Gerstacker Institute graduate, you are a valuable resource for our students. There are many ways to help mentor Gerstacker Institute students, including speaking at on-campus events, hosting a student internship, and career counseling. We would appreciate knowing whether any of the following options for mentoring students and/or assisting the Institute are of interest to you. Please contact us and indicate how you would like to be involved:
- Internships and employment: Hire an intern during the school year or summer, sponsor a group visit at your place of business, hire new graduates.
- Speaker program: Be a Distinguished Speaker and provide a presentation for our students, and occasional lunch and learn discussions.
- Prospective Student Recruiting: Attend local recruiting events, discuss the Gerstacker program with prospective students and parents, and promote the program on a local level.
- Student mentoring: Work directly with students to build professional skills through workshops, case studies or advice on projects.
- Career and Internship Center: Provide career counseling, senior student mentoring, resume and cover letter review and mock interview sessions.
- Course perspective: Offer real-world perspective in marketing, financial analysis, technology, CPA preparation, written business communication, presentation skills.
- Student clubs and organizations: Participate in Albion College chapters of Delta Sigma Pi, The Accounting Society, The Investment Club, American Marketing Association, etc.
- Advisory Panel: Advise the Institute on market and employment trends, job search strategies, and employer expectations.
- Living accommodations: Host a student intern in your home (for example: room, board, transportation) while completing an internship.
Do we have the most up-to-date information about you?
Still can't find what you're looking for?
Visit the Albion College Alumni Web site for more resources.