News and Events
Albion Advantage Day for Admitted Students
We hope you and your family will join us on either Friday, April 17 or Friday, April 24 for one more look at Albion. Register Now
Friday, April 17, or Friday, April 24
While with us, you will meet faculty, staff, current students and parents.
- Ask faculty and staff your questions about our programs.
- Attend a class.
- Learn everything you need to know about Albion from a current student's or a current parent's perspective!
- Consider life after Albion: What can I do with a liberal arts degree?
- Learn about the Albion Advantage and its support of the undecided student.
- Find out about international study, internship opportunities, and student research.
- Stay overnight in a residence hall Thursday night hosted by an Albion student (optional).
The day's events begin at 8:30 a.m. and include a complimentary lunch.
You are welcome to attend our Elkin R. Isaac Research Symposium Thursday, April 23 to hear our students talk about their work in the arts and sciences. Plus, Nathan Wolfe, the Indiana Jones of virus hunting and author of Viral Storm, will give our Calvaruso Keynote Address at 7 p.m. that evening.
Please register for Albion Advantage Day by Monday, April 10 online, or call 800/858-6770.
The formal program will begin on Friday morning at 8:30 a.m. We encourage prospective students to plan to arrive on the Thursday afternoon before the event. Visiting students will be paired with a current Albion student host and stay in our dorms. For those making air travel arrangements, please let us know your arrival time at the Detroit Metropolitan (DTW) Airport and we will arrange for your transportation from the airport to campus. We recommend that you try to plan your flight schedule to arrive on Thursday afternoon before 5 p.m.
- If you are interested in scheduling an individual financial aid appointment during this program, please call the Financial Aid Office at 517-629-0440.
- Admission staff will be available all day to answer your questions. Please drop by the Bonta Admission Center!
- The Bobbitt Visual Arts Center will have an exhibition of student paintings on display in the Dickinson & Munro Galleries.
Have questions now? Why wait? Email, text, or call your counselor today to get answers today!
As an Albion College alum or a parent of a current Albion student (or both!), you can play a special role in the work of the Admission Office.
Your connection to Albion already runs deep, and one of the best ways to show it is by reaching out to the next class of Albion students and their families. Your perspective and passion can make a profound difference in a student's decision to choose Albion.
You can make an impact in a number of ways:
Host a prospective student event at your home or in your area.
Represent Albion at a local college fair.
Attend a recruitment event in your area to meet and encourage prospective students and families.
Offer helpful information about local high schools and community programs to your area's admission counselor.
Provide personal outreach via a phone call or email to admitted students in your area.
Are you in? We hope so! Get things started by completing our volunteer form below , and an Admission Office representative will be in touch with you promptly. If you have questions about the program, call the Admission Office at 800/858-6770.
You can also subscribe to our email newsletter and stay up to date on our progress.
We look forward to hearing from—and working with—you!
Corey Grazul, ’08
“Students receive an education and college experience worthy of the opportunities and challenges that face our ever-changing world.”
In Corey’s words:
On the Albion setting:
“A traditional campus, modern facilities and cutting-edge academics.”
“I’m Class of 2008, and since my return this summer, many professors have welcomed me ‘home.’”
Can’t-miss Albion activity:
“Victory Park, a five-minute walk from campus, has a world-class disc golf course. The 2015 world championship will be here. Who knew?”
Let My People Go Surfing
by Yvon Chouinard, founder of Patagonia.
Favorite off-campus eats: Lopez Taco House.
You can also find him:on a mountain bike.