Albion's international student application has two basic parts. Both parts are required of every international applicant, and each of these applications has detailed requirements, which can be found on our international admission requirements page.
1. The first part is completing either the Albion Advantage Application or The Common Application.
Once all of these documents are received the Admission Committee will review your file.
We welcome your questions about the application process (800/858-6770 or
) and look forward to getting to know you better.
At Albion, the classroom is only the beginning.
Expertise. Thinking that makes connections. And access to institutes, centers, and programs that give you real-world experience from day one. Our students investigate, explore, and create—because we think the best way to prepare for the world is to actually go out into it.
We're committed to building a global campus community and offer academic scholarships to help international students afford our cost. We have teams in admission and academics that work exclusively with international students to help you acclimate and thrive. Here are more reasons you'll like Albion:
We're ranked among the top U.S. National Liberal Arts Colleges by U.S. News and World Report.
Our classes are small, which assures personal attention from exceptional faculty who will help you achieve a first-rate education at a world-class institution.
We support extensive opportunities for paid undergraduate research.
Our beautiful 90-acre campus adjoins a 144-acre nature center on the banks of the Kalamazoo River.
We offer state-of-the-art facilities, including a $41.3 million science complex and 340-acre equestrian center.
Cultural, sports, and entertainment centers are nearby, such as Ann Arbor, Detroit, Chicago, Toronto, and Cleveland.
Albion College is authorized under Federal law to enroll nonimmigrant students.
We’re ranked among the top U.S. National Liberal Arts Colleges by U.S. News & World Report
International Student Admission Requirements
What it takes to be a Briton starts here.
So you've thought about it, and now all that's left to do is apply. You’ll find all the necessary information right here. Albion College requires the following for all international students:
2. Original or certified copies of all academic records, secondary school transcripts, and college or university transcripts translated into English with a listing of individual courses including types, number, and grades received. A minimum of at least three years of records are required from students applying from a four-year secondary institution. A minimum of two years of records is required from students applying from three-year secondary institutions. In some cases, transfer students from colleges or universities outside the United States seeking admission to Albion College will require an external evaluation by World Education Services (WES) and Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE) for transfer of college credits. Collegiate credits can be transferred at any time after the semester ends, but will be evaluated on a course-by-course basis by the Albion College Registrar.
3. Demonstrated English language proficiency if you are not a native speaker.
TOEFL Scores – IbT (79 or higher) or PbT (550 or higher)
Official scores from the TOEFL, IELTS, ACT, or SAT, or the completion of ELS course 112, should be sent directly to Albion College from the Educational Testing Service.
4.ACT and SAT Testing: Albion College will accept an ACT and/or SAT scores (including Writing) in lieu of the TOEFL or IELTS. You should request that ACT and SAT scores be sent directly to Albion College.
In most cases, only one of the tests mentioned above is necessary.
5. A recommendation letter from your school guidance counselor, headmaster, or official, which is included in the Albion College International Student Application. Letters typed on school letterhead may be substituted in lieu of the official forms.
6. The Albion College Statement of Financial Support for International Students (PDF) with all required supporting documentation, including bank statements, income and salary statements of parents from their employers, and/or a sponsorship letter. The College Board International Student Financial Aid Application may be used in lieu of the Albion College Statement of Financial Support. Supporting documents will still need to be submitted.
Your application will be reviewed once we receive your completed application and supporting documentation. If we have questions or need additional information, we will contact you via email.
International Student Financial Aid
Meaningful investments will build a life of purpose.
International students are eligible for academic scholarships. These will be awarded to students who demonstrate the highest academic achievement and potential for success at Albion College. We also consider financial need and other criteria. If you’re awarded a scholarship, it will accompany your acceptance letter.
Before you apply to Albion College, it’s important to review our costs and make a family financial plan. We have many more qualified international applicants than we can support though our financial aid budget. In general, families must be able to contribute half of our annual tuition cost, plus room, board, books, and travel.
There are external sources to research for financial assistance: